Thread: Interesting one-off in Accrington

Interesting one-off in Accrington

Not a Kit, loosely based on a VW chassis (shame under the circumstances with the silly-powerful engine it's had shovelled into it!)(he does mention the 6-speed box so must have ditched the VW trans......) but with a body designed by someone with a bit more skill and 'eye' for a change...... Doubt it could easily be put on the road though....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-vw-b ... 3ccd580c66
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Re: Interesting one-off in Accrington

Have seen this one before, owner tried to sell it about 12 months ago but it obviously did not reach his reserve at that time , interesting project if you have the time to commit to it..........
    Phi 1.618 is more universal than pi 3.142

Is it my eyes or does it not have a lot of suspension travel?
    Mi amas mian Nova

Hi all.

As Keithcanfixit said. I've seen this sometime ago & it doesn't seem to have got much further on. In fact they look like the same photo's or its not even moved since then.

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

Is it my eyes or does it not have a lot of suspension travel?
    I reckon he's approached that problem by having EXTREMELY stiff springs!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Interesting original futurebuggy styling, but in engineering terms a bit of a gamble; in spite of the very close fitting wheelarches the springs are very soft (you can tell by the pitch of the coils). You might be better off putting cycle wings on the suspension uprights and having them move in unison with the wheels...

Calibra engine (possibly a V6, I'm not too hot on Vauxhall engine numbers) and 6-speed box are presumably cantilevered off the VW floorpan (you can see that the VW front suspension has been retained, albeit with coil-overs instead of torsion bars), but no pictures showing how this has been achieved.

But yes, not a bad shape. It's just a shame that it is doomed to being passed on from one ebay seller to another, never getting finished

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!