Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: Bobbybrown's New Nova - It's Arrived!!

Yeah I agree with you 100%. The trouble is with it being so exposed there are only so many possible solutions, the ones that Steve had fitted a few years ago are ideal however with those still selling for around £130 each plus import taxes I can't justify nearly £300 on air filters.

The fibreglass covers you saw last year are a lot better than what was there previously and has held back quite a lot of water ingress, just not enough.

It's also quite a tight space, with the cover that fits over the fan shroud the space available is diffferent on each side.

Ideally some sort of scoop that goes up then back would be a good solution as it would allow air flow but stop any possible water ingress.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

300 pounds may sound a lot for air filters, but if its a choice between that or not being able to drive the car at all it would be money well spent to put a smile back on your face by getting to use the beast when you want to without all the drama and stress of it breaking down or running badly.

Maybe approach Steve and see if he still has his and what he would accept for them, it will be less than 300 pounds if he doesn't have a project for them right now....

Just my 2 cents worth

Last edited by islandman; 16-04-2017 at 01:20 AM.

They have come down in price since I last looked, cheers David I'll have a look around.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!

Another year another set of new plugs. These should help with the running a little.

A major clean is needed now to get it ready for Stones and some fiddling with the interior buttons as when the button is pushed it pushes the back off breaking the connection! Some sort of bracket may help to hold them together. That's my job to ponder today and hopefully find a solution on Sunday.

Euro-Nova Big Cheese!

So, after a successful trip to Stoneleigh and back just 2 days ago I went out tonight to start the Nova, starter turned then a big hiss then nothing. Few more turns of the key and it's "click clunk"-ing again but nowhere near as powerful as it was before and even with jump leads on I can't get the starter to turn, even with a tap!

Never ending with this car sometimes! Literally NOTHING has changed since Sunday yet it's decided it doesn't want to work again.

Does anyone know any car exorcists? Surely it's possessed?
    Last edited by bobbybrown; 02-05-2017 at 06:16 PM.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!

Try connecting the jump leads straight to the starter...Positive to where the feed from the battery bolts on and the negative to the bare metal of the casing.

This will eliminate any dodgy connections between the starter and the battery...

It it starts now, then it's either an iffy connection (earth?) Or there is is a current leak draining the battery or both.

If it still doesn't start, then there is a starter issue (a new bushing, perhaps) or an engine issue.

Can you turn the motor over by hand or with a wrench/socket on the crank pulley nut?

TBH, if all was well a couple of days ago, I'd guess the likely issue I'd battery/earth related.
    cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by wizrod View Post

TBH, if all was well a couple of days ago, I'd guess the likely issue I'd battery/earth related.
    My money's on an Earth connection too.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

A BMW X3 driver just added to the Nova jobs I need to do!

Follow my Lazarus project at: http://www.micksrednova.co.uk/index.html
    which may take more than four days!!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I had a nose at the weekend and there is actually two earth straps froM chassis to engine, although they are the braided variety.
    A 6" new lead would only cost a couple of quid from eBay.
    After that, and the amounts of suffering you have caused to your start with your " persuader", try a new starter !

Couple of days of tinkering and I managed to get it running so off I went for the MOT that's due on the 28th of May.

Another year another pass!

However upon returning home I'm met with the same issue in a couple of posts above.

I need to spend some serious time pulling it apart to find out what's going on I think, I have a few days off next week so if the rain goes away I will have a good look at the engine.

At least it's legal for another year
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!