Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobbybrown's New Nova - It's Arrived!!

You know I couldnít find that! Thanks!

So, a heavy shopping trip on bits and pieces and Iíve managed to find a few minutes between jobs to make a start!
    Attached Images Attached Images

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    So, a heavy shopping trip on bits and pieces and Iíve managed to find a few minutes between jobs to make a start!
    Well done Dan!

... but be careful with your shopping trips. Iíve been putting my receipts into a folder but havenít added them up yet in case Mrs Bluenova sees the total. However, I added up all my orders with Machine7 last night when I was looking for the fuel pump details for you and was surprised how much Iíd spent so far ... and thatís only one of my suppliers!

Alistair

Oh itís easy to rack up a big bill! Iím waiting on 3 or 4 more boxes to arrive, I also got a very, very good deal on this engine, smaller than my current one but is working and runs.

So it will take its place for the time being whilst I sort out the 1600 in my spare time (whatís that??)

For anyone on Facebook we are featuring the car on the business page too!

https://www.facebook.com/638496176630312/posts/1010887639391162/

Iíve made a start on the bodywork today, Iíll have one of the staff on it during tomorrow to push it along and get all the filler in to it so I can get the repairs sorted over the next few days.

The colour is still an unknown as of yet but will be something other than white.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Colours:
    Highland green as per the mustang bullit car,
    Or Ford St green, orange
    But I also like bright yellow with a double black stripe straight down the middle...........
    Looking forward to what you decide 👍

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    You know I couldnít find that! Thanks!
    You're welcome

Loved the cute little video

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Colours:
    Highland green as per the mustang bullit car,
    Or Ford St green, orange
    But I also like bright yellow with a double black stripe straight down the middle...........
    Looking forward to what you decide 👍
    I'm partial to ford midnight blue with pearl flake

Colour will be the difficult part. As you can imagine I see an awful lot of paint and Iím spoilt for choice as I can mix it all upstairs. Iím leaning towards something with heavy metallic and extra flake but that could change yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Well done Dan!

... but be careful with your shopping trips. I’ve been putting my receipts into a folder but haven’t added them up yet in case Mrs Bluenova sees the total. However, I added up all my orders with Machine7 last night when I was looking for the fuel pump details for you and was surprised how much I’d spent so far ... and that’s only one of my suppliers!

Alistair

I too have a folder and I DID add it up, just the parts I have reciepts for came to over 2,400 for the engine and over 3 grand for the rest and thats without the car, chassis, wheels and tyres and a LOT of stuff bought cash so about 11K.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?Ē JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

So. This is today’s update.
    Replacement engine in, bodge fuel system (I realise the issue) but it does try to live.

I took an educated guess with the engine wiring as it’s different to the previous engine but it hasn’t caused any issues thus far.

I’m still having problems with electrics, even with a fully charged battery the starter will just click, if I take the starter out and operate it on the bench it’s fine. But when in the car it can take 50 key turns to get it actually working without just clicking or clunking.

This in mind, I am toying with the idea of running a different main power cable to the starter to see if it makes a difference. What gauge of wire would this need to be?

Progress is progress, at least we have a sign of life!

I’ve also removed the heat exchangers this engine came with but I’m left with the pipes shown in the photo, one each side.
    What should I be doing with these?

Thanks all!
    Last edited by bobbybrown; 09-10-2020 at 05:46 PM.