Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobbybrown's New Nova - It's Arrived!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Good solution Dan - Well done. My car suffers a similar problem in that if the battery isn't fully charged my starter switch fitted inside the car fails to operate. I have a separate starter switch mounted on the rear panel which is fed power from the live feed on the starter and it always works. I assume it's the resistance in the longer wire from the dashboard to the starter that's the issue and was going to replace it with a thicker wire causing less resistance, but your solution to use a smaller relay before the starter solenoid is probably better and an easier fix.
    This is roughly what I did Phill. Made a difference as yesterday it would take many tries to get it to turn, today after the relay addition it has worked great, only giving trouble when the battery started to drop substantially after cranking it over many times during the morning for various reasons. Still better than before though!
    I marked the 12v on here as sharing the same feed as the starter, but just as easy to run a new dedicated feed.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    So, next query...
    this is a photo of the new engine, Iíve circled something in green. Is this a fuel overflow/return?
    I can see the one outlet on the fuel pump thatís free which is the connection from the tank, the other fuel pump connection is going to the top of the carb, so what about this extra one....the twin carb set up was so different so Iím finding myself in uncertain circumstances with some of this.

Distributor vacuum advance connection. But you have to have a vac advance distributor to use it. Otherwise, block it with whatever you can - that will most definitely influence how the car runs (or doesn't run).

Thanks Rick, figured this out today when I noticed it was sucking the air in.
    Blocked it off and itís actually idling now!

Add nitrous shots through there....

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    This is roughly what I did Phill. Made a difference as yesterday it would take many tries to get it to turn, today after the relay addition it has worked great, only giving trouble when the battery started to drop substantially after cranking it over many times during the morning for various reasons. Still better than before though!
    I marked the 12v on here as sharing the same feed as the starter, but just as easy to run a new dedicated feed.
    Thanks Dan - your diagram is how I had envisaged it. I hope you don't mind if I copy your idea for my own car?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Of course not Phill, I hope it helps you!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    It makes a nice sound, good work!

Nice to see the new air filter will stop water ingress, hopefully that will prevent some of the past issues

Is a seal on the lower lip to prevent water getting in that way as it protrudes from the sidewalls?
    Last edited by islandman; 13-10-2020 at 03:55 AM.

Should be ok, the bottom plate is underneath the cover which sort of sits over all of it with a rounded lip at the bottom, should keep the water out unless the car is upside down