Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast

Thread: Bobbybrown's New Nova - It's Arrived!!

This is what has been removed from the car today. Iíve also managed to break the circuit for the remote for the canopy, job for next week.

Looks like old mono colour thick wall stuff, best out.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?Ē JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Friday I was left with the canopy remote not working, none of the lights worked, the wiper was dead, all dash lights were lifeless and so were the indicators and hazards.

The only electrical item not working now is the screen washer motor, Iíve ordered a replacement.

There does seem to be a voltage drop between the front and back of the car, the starter and coil read 9.5v with the ignition on, once the engine is running they are both where they should be. Odd.

Also. Does anyone know from the image what type of steering wheel I would need to look for if I was to replace this one and bolt to the same boss? Or is there something I can measure to figure it out?

[

There does seem to be a voltage drop between the front and back of the car, the starter and coil read 9.5v with the ignition on, once the engine is running they are both where they should be. Odd.

Do you have a ballast resistor fitted on the ignition circuit

Not that I have found

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    [...]

Also. Does anyone know from the image what type of steering wheel I would need to look for if I was to replace this one and bolt to the same boss? Or is there something I can measure to figure it out?
    Is it a 9 bolt pattern, 4 inch diameter? US Fords, e.g. Bronco

9 bolt yes, will measure tomorrow.
    Iím looking out for a flat bottom wheel

By voltage drop are you saying that half the car has full voltage and the other half is only getting 9.5 with the ignition in the on position with the engine not running and with the engine running everything then gets 14v??

With a ignition system that has points a resister is common to have wired into the system but not to the starter.

If I check the wires going to the starter and coil under the dash they read 12v, but actually at the starter and coil they read just over 9v.

Once the engine is running all reads over 12v.

If I check the wires going to the starter and coil under the dash they read 12v, but actually at the starter and coil they read just over 9v.

Once the engine is running all reads over 12v.

Are you sure you haven't got a ballast resistor fitted, cause that would give you the same voltage change