Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seal around the canopy

Re: seal around the canopy

sounds like the OP has moved this onto quite an advanced stage, so that remark isn't helpful.

OP?

That remark was nothing to do with the work done so far, for which I complemented. It was related to the fact that I don't believe there is such a substance/material on this planet to do the job. I wish there was! Strange you analysed it, picked out a word and went all negative out loud. I would say that's a definition of not being helpful.

I would consider that I'm actually being very helpful in taking the time to respond and discuss the subject in detail and giving good examples. If it happens to open a debate then that's great as more ideas can be generated. If nothing else it reassures Malcolm that there are Nova owners that have read his post and are interested in it, rather than the seemingly many anonomous 'ghost' members that read posts and don't bother commenting.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries

OP = Original Poster; the person who started the discussion thread - supernova2

I think I made this suggestion the last time this subject got aired - either that or I'm just having a Deja Vu moment - I reckon that soft silicone (like medical tubing) or sausage skin would be the ideal solution.
    So we just need a member (no pun intended) that works for Durex or in a sausage factory and we could get some samples to try.

Continual positive low pressure (like a bouncy castle) could be the answer to any pricks ( ) or tears in the membrane, as suggested below.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Reminds me ,had a job with durex, but had to work a week in hand...
    Phi 1.618 is more universal than pi 3.142

thankyou all for the help and advice you are giveing me.my father told me to lisen to all comments. take nothing to hart and try and do your best and help others when ever you can.if you can do at least 1 good deed a day then your life was worth liveing.god rest his sole.i am very greatfull to you all for helping me.

seals for body panels.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova2 View Post
    thankyou all for the help and advice you are giveing me.my father told me to lisen to all comments. take nothing to hart and try and do your best and help others when ever you can.if you can do at least 1 good deed a day then your life was worth liveing.god rest his sole.i am very greatfull to you all for helping me.
    just a bit of info for anyone looking for a sealing trim for the bolt on bit,s on a nova .take a look at woolies-trim.co.uk cat No R942 i have just used it on my car and am very happy with the finish.it,s only £2.71 mtr.i hope this is of use to you all.

All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car