Thread: help wanted(new carb,s)

help wanted(new carb,s)

Hi. i have just bought a twin carb set up but their are no instructions they are empi solex with no choke,s i am haveing problems fitting the linkage can anyone post a photo to give me a clue how to do it. i think they are a centre swivel linkage looking at a picture in the vw heritage catalogue(page 30).
    many thanks malcolm.

Re: help wanted(new carb,s)

Quote Originally Posted by supernova2
    Hi. i have just bought a twin carb set up but their are no instructions they are empi solex with no choke,s i am haveing problems fitting the linkage can anyone post a photo to give me a clue how to do it. i think they are a centre swivel linkage looking at a picture in the vw heritage catalogue(page 30).
    many thanks malcolm.
    Malcolm
    Is it this setup?

I see there is a rod that ties the two sides together, but you may need a bell-crank type arm to connect the accelerator cable to. I'm sure someone will be on soon to answer.

Mick
    Club Nova Member

MicksRedNova2 may take longer than the original!!

thanks mick that is it i have a big bracket with it.i am going to post a photo of it later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova
    Quote Originally Posted by supernova2
    many thanks malcolm.
    Malcolm
    Is it this setup?

I see there is a rod that ties the two sides together, but you may need a bell-crank type arm to connect the accelerator cable to. I'm sure someone will be on soon to answer.

Mick

There should be an arm with the bracket

OR

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Thankyou both to mick and peter .the picture you show first is the one i have i have been able to findout why it wont fit i need to change the tin work to the one without outlet,s so now need to order one. i think i will post a photo of it when it,s done just in case it,s usefull to someone. i am toll that these carbs will increase power but will increase fuel consumption. not to much i hope.

Thanks malcolmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    There should be an arm with the bracket

OR

I'm was running DellOrto DRLA36 dual carbs before I changed them up to 40s and I got about 30/32mpg at normal road speeds, so I would think your smaller twins would do at least that overall depending on the state of tune and condition of the rest of the engine. It might be a bit difficult if you are running a dog house shroud but I don't so I run my linkage behind with the carbs swapped so the arms are at the back, keeps the front very neat, not to mention the fact I have a centre mounted alternator so the front fit, well, didn't.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

Peter , do I understand correctly that you have a VW engine and your running it without the shroud or doghouse as you call it, am curious as to how you get on with keeping the block cool, all information gratefully received.

Cheers

Keith
    Phi 1.618 is more universal than pi 3.142

I'm running air cooled as normal but with a Bugpack centre conversion shroud and alternator stand kit, the oil cooler is remote under the rear deck and a remote oil filter on a full flow system.
    "Dog house" refers to the later shrouds that has the oil cooler sticking out the back (in the "dog house") as opposed to in the air flow for #3 cylinder which was an overheating problem on earlier engines. On the alloy shroud there are no such appendages (or heating ducts), dead flat back and front.

Thanks Peter
    Phi 1.618 is more universal than pi 3.142