Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1987. Franco fernando's nova

1987. Franco fernando's nova

I have dug out a few pics i took in 1987 of the nova that got me hooked

Franko had a wedge shape trailer (in the pics) that matched the nova lines and was one of the first club nova members i ever spoke to :-)
    I loved that car

Re: 1987. Franco fernando's nova

Where is it now? Reg number search anyone.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

I've got photos of that Nova from Stoneleigh kit car show. It's not to my taste but was in very good condition. It had a sci-fi look about it. I thought the rear end let it down though. It also had a trailer made in the same style - you can just see it in the first photo.

G

And the second photo ,,,

Put your pic up on here too if you can find it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    Where is it now? Reg number search anyone.

I may even have a picture of a black ss that was decorated in chrome eagle cut outs ,it was roped off and the owner wore a cowboy hat , was that you peter ? Or do you know the car i mean

I remember him. He dressed up in black leathers with gold Eagle all over it. Talk about devoted.

I know the car, it was at least 17 years ago, had SS eagles on the hinge areas too, very OTT.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Stones doesn't change much does it? And if that was the Banham area in front they just don't seem able to field any cars! I agree about the back end, and actually the whole styling package smacks of not quite knowing where to stop - but the scoop treatment looks pretty professional (is that an extra one aft of the rear wheel arch?) Was there an engine that required all the extra intakes? And he'd got a (nearly) Nova personalised plate!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

The engine was a 1.6 litre XR3 turbo. Frank had a lot of cooling problems because the guy that did all the bodywork mods didn't understand airflow. In spite of having a Sierra Cosworth radiator (I think) in the nose, with two electric fans running all the time, the lack of exit vents meant that the engine was always operating right on the edge!

Nevertheless, he was a keen supporter and would get to most of the kit car shows with his car. At one stage he was even trading used Novas, although I don't know how many were sold or how successful the venture was.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries

Francis lived in my neck off the woods (South London) and I occasionally saw his car out and about back in the day.
    Although I can't fault the engineering which was first class, I agree that somehow the sum of the parts
    didn't quite add up to the whole... I met him at a show way back. Nice guy.
    Steve