Thread: Dragstalgia at Santa Pod Raceway - July 2013

Dragstalgia at Santa Pod Raceway - July 2013

All

Thought I would share a few pictures from my recent visit to Dragstalgia 2013 (Nostalgic Drag Racing) at Santa Pod. I've been going to Santa Pod since the mid 60's off and on over the years and miss the old slingshot action so when I heard about this event, and the fact it was going to be sunny all weekend, I had to go.

Here are some random pics from the event, more on my photobucket page here: http://s133.photobucket.com/user/MickAt ... anta%20Pod

Ultimate RatRod - taxed and on the road too!

A total contrast to this pretty 'T'

The first UK AA Dragster from the 60's

Not much view of the road ahead with this MG

A novel front end treatment to this Beetle

This! is the colour that MicksRedNova needs to be .

Early Jet Car

No speed bumps where this guy lives then?

Gasser line-up

Three triple-cylinder engines on this bike!!!

The Allard-Chrysler Dragster - currently being restored at Montague Motor Museum - not racing but fired up a few times over the weekend.

A great weekend of classic racing - looking forward to next year.

Mick
    Club Nova Member

MicksRedNova2 may take longer than the original!!

Re: Dragstalgia at Santa Pod Raceway - July 2013

Brilliant pics Mick, the Gasser lineup shot has a wonderful period feel to it, could have some from a magazine 50 years ago.

Don't suppose there will be any Novas heading to Silverstone for the Classic next weekend? Hopefully I'll have mine there with the Sporting Bears next year, but I might be being a little optimistic!

Ed

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Re: Dragstalgia at Santa Pod Raceway - July 2013

My 1967 Car Sports Book has a picture of Commuter taking off. At the time I thought it was the best looking dragster ever (although I did like Opus One as well, with its Daimler Hemi). Plymouth Duster push car is also an excellent choice

The Allard-Chrysler dragster is a fantastic piece of nostalgia, using the Chysler Fire Power Hemi of course (not sure of the capacity, standard 331 c.i. maybe?). Nice to see it getting closer to completion - compared to Sydney's road-going efforts, it is far better looking!

Thanks for sharing Mick!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!