Thread: Looking to find my fathers old nova SBM 4N

Looking to find my fathers old nova SBM 4N

I know this is a very long shot, but I am looking to locate my fathers old nova.

He purchased the car in around 1983 from acocks green / hall green near Solihull. He restored it and had it resprayed in Porsche red and sold it in 1985,when sanding the vehicle down it appeared to have been previously yellow and blue in its past (sorry just trying to shine as much light onn this as possible). As stated the reg no. at the time was SBM 4N. I will try and dig some photos out but if anyone could assist with putting me onto a lead to locate the vehicle or to see if it is still alive or see if it was destroyed / crashed in its life I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Ben

Re: Looking to find my fathers old nova SBM 4N

The details on that car are that it was last on the road in 1993, was first registered 1st. August 1974 and was Red in colour with a 1285cc engine and registered as a Nova.

Other than that I can't help.

Oh and supposedly not exported or at least not notified that it has been. So could still be in existance just locked away in a garage somewhere.

Banjo, your description is good. Put some photos up and I'm sure that someone will shine some light on it.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Birds Car
    first registered 1st. August 1974 and was Red in colour with a 1285cc engine and registered as a Nova.
    There's one more thing we can glean from the registration details, which is that the car is probably one of the later ADD Mk1s.

Good luck with your search Banjo!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

BBC, just how do you get that info?

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Ah ha, so that's it, just need to go thorough about 120 reg numbers and enter status on the spread sheet, one day.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Thanks guys. I am hoping to dig out some photos from the dreaded loft this week so I will upload them as soon as I do.

Thanks

Banjo