Thread: Favourite nova at the moment.

Favourite nova at the moment.

Seen it on this site and nicked from nena nova guy on another site involving VWs -

I wonder why it's paying homage to Gulf Racing? I thought that was only meant for GT40's. Medium light colours do suit the Nova well though.

I've seen 'Gulfed' Minis, Beetles, even a Trabant (!) and a wheelie-bin no accounting for taste in the colour scheme picking - but as long as the owner is happy.......
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Well, the styling of the Nova was partly inspired by the Ford GT40, but that is as far as the connection goes. As for the competition inspired colour scheme, not many Novas or Nova derivatives have been entered in races, and fewer still have had any success...

I do like this example though

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Bit late to reply. However I immediately thought of the Porsche 917 when I saw this, although the scheme is more GT40 Gulf than 917 Gulf. Given that the Nova has 1/3rd of a 917 engine in more or less the right location I think this is a highly appropriate colour scheme!