Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pumps and Electrics

Quote Originally Posted by steve_d View Post
    Just had further thoughts. May move the UP limit switch to just before the relay. That way the 'Over-centre' issue is protected via any operation mode leaving the ability to clamp still available.

Will have to search back through the thread now to find suitable switch mounting pictures.

Steve

Yes as you will see in my last diagram, the up mode (Manual or via the remote) uses the limit switch for that very reason, only the down manual mode bypasses it. I have the limit switch for the up mode placed inside the recess for the rams against the front wall. So as the vertical ram tilts forward it hit the limit switch and stops any more forward movement. My limit switch is mounted on a bracket that allow me to do some fine tuning and tighten it at the correct point. Alternatively just use the ones with the long metal arms that can be bent as required.

Hi
    Just filled the system and run the rams up and down a few times but without the roof on.

Question is, does the system bleed itself somehow?

With the rams fully up I can swing on them and they are solid so it does not feel like there is any air in there.

Thanks
    Steve

Yes the system is self bleeding, once they have gone up and down a few times you are good to go!

Hi
    Just filled the system and run the rams up and down a few times but without the roof on.

Question is, does the system bleed itself somehow?

With the rams fully up I can swing on them and they are solid so it does not feel like there is any air in there.

Thanks
    Steve
    Steve

The volume of oil in the rams is more than the volume in the hoses so any bubbles end up back at the pump after a few cycles.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Thanks Guys.
    I could see how that would work in the top of the strut (the down section) but any air in the bottom section (Up) would sit just below the piston and not get moved hence my surprise when all seemed good with my simple test of leaning on it.

Steve

Thanks Guys.
    I could see how that would work in the top of the strut (the down section) but any air in the bottom section (Up) would sit just below the piston and not get moved hence my surprise when all seemed good with my simple test of leaning on it.

Steve
    Don't forget that 200bar is almost 3000psi . Trapped air at that pressure would be hard to compress by leaning on the ram piston.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

wooo!
    I'll pester Rich to do me a video so I can see / hear it soon!
    Never be afraid to stand out from the crowd!

canopy electrics

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Yes as you will see in my last diagram, the up mode (Manual or via the remote) uses the limit switch for that very reason, only the down manual mode bypasses it. I have the limit switch for the up mode placed inside the recess for the rams against the front wall. So as the vertical ram tilts forward it hit the limit switch and stops any more forward movement. My limit switch is mounted on a bracket that allow me to do some fine tuning and tighten it at the correct point. Alternatively just use the ones with the long metal arms that can be bent as required.
    Hellow been looking up electric,s as i have a problem with the relay . i have a converted vw headlight relay it worked ok for 6 lifts of the roof then went wrong is this relay to weak for the task. are their any members still using this system. my friend wants to remove it and replace with 2 solernoids can anyone advise on this.

Yes I use the modified headlamp relay in my system which also has the old smiths pump. The changeover relay provides the power to the solenoids in the pump but not the pump motor itself. It can cope with these with ease. The pump motor uses a much bigger current and so is supplied by a separate relay (a starter motor relay). Perhaps yours is wired incorrectly and the headlamp relay is being used to power the pump motor as well as just the pump solenoids?

Go to the downloads section and look up the modifications manual which shows the wiring circuit on page 106:-
    http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/downloads...ons_manual.pdf
    Last edited by Phill; 20-09-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns