Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new nova pics

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    That brings back memories - my Nova had the same dash layout, the same wheels and the same wiper motor. Not quite so heavily customised though!

I can't figure out the engine cooling - there are enormous air intakes either side of the car, but half the radiator and the top of the engine are in a void under the rear cover

I like the Fiat twin cam engine, it looks like a pukka Abarth car from where I am standing. You need to show it off more, celebrate your rear engine. Pininfarina Abarth 2000, anyone?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TUZW-Kas6H...abarth2000.jpg

The rear wing looks like a proper Countach/Pantera GTS5 item. I suppose there are plenty of replicas floating around though.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Looks like the Pininfarina Abarth has a similar problem with exhaust exposure....!

Wish we had a kitcar industry that did more of this and fewer Cobras and Exocars...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gaisa View Post
    I remember that one I would STRONGLY suggest you move the tailpipes/backboxes further under the car to reduce how far the pipes stick out. I know from personal experience that the police take a dim view of pipes sticking out too far and you could get in trouble for having such a burn hazard so openly exposed.
    (was told flat out by the old boys in blue to either remove the tailpipes, move them further under the car, or put a bumper on my old bug, or get six points and a hefty fine)...
    I don't know what grounds they have for objecting to the exhausts. Completely exposed exhausts are common on Se7ens and Cobras and pass IVA without issue provided they don't have sharp edges. There is no requirement to fit heat shields.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by steve_d View Post
    I don't know what grounds they have for objecting to the exhausts. Completely exposed exhausts are common on Se7ens and Cobras and pass IVA without issue provided they don't have sharp edges. There is no requirement to fit heat shields.

Steve
    Maybe I got caught out by a pair of idiot coppers, I dunno. But they certainly made their point on the issue...
    I don't remember if the pipes had sharp edges, it WAS 20 years ago...