Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phill's Capri Wrap

No I haven't been neglecting the Nova recently - I've been busy with other things..

Six years on from when I first wrapped the Capri - the bodywork was getting a bit iffy. The wrap had lasted well but the underlying bodywork was rusting at the wheelarches, front wings and leading edge of the bonnet. I decided it was time to ignore the Nova for a few weeks a turn my attention back to the Capri to give it a re-fresh

First job was to remove the old wrap - as you can see the leading edges of the car were looking rather neglected. In fact it is fair to say the wrap is what was holding the car together.
    capri1.jpg

However, a bit of work removing the rust then filling, painting with rust treatment and primer, and the car was ready to get it's new coat

First step was to wrap the bonnet wings roof and doors

capri6.jpg

capri5.jpg

capri8.jpg

capri9.jpg

It's still a work in progress - but the next few days should see the wrapping finished then I can refit the bumpers and re-apply the Laser stripes and badges
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Looking great Phill, and it looks like the original wrap came off without damaging the paintwork.

Personally, I'd leave the Laser stripes off ... I'm thinking 'less is more'

In the last photo it looks like your Nova's been sent to stand in the 'naughty corner'!

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    You seam to have this wrapping down to a fine art it look great and what a fab color

Dirk

Nice colour choice. The black trim parts really help 👍

amazing transformation

Very nice-
    there was a tv show the other day 'The cars that made Britain great'.
    They were very favourable about the Capri!

Thanks for the positive encouragement.

Just a few bits and pieces to finish it off now then I can refit the bumpers and badges and turn my attention back to the Nova

IMG_9403.jpg

IMG_9404.jpg

While I can see where there could be joins and separate sections, Bonnet, tailgate, front wings, valances, is the roof and both rear quarters in one piece?

Looking good. Beats the hell out of my attempts on my bonnet with 3D carbon Fiber,
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Well spotted Peter - No there is a small join at the narrowest point on the rear pillars (this is where Ford joined the steel panels on the car in the factory. It had to be done this way as there is no natural joint between the roof and rear side panels and the vinyls aren't available wide enough to do it without a join. I will disguise the Join with a Capri Club badge (same as I did last time when it was orange)