Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And another sad Ford Eagle SS

And another sad Ford Eagle SS

It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Eeek! That's no way to treat a valuable piece of glass!
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

And here I was thinking that the chassis went under the car. Wonders never cease.

Dropped a line to the seller with the info and advised to protect the screen, if it is still intact. another one for the list but it will never see the light of day

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

another one Peter

Q958RNH, another ss for you Peter on ebay, several bids,no engine but log book present,does not look to bad. £51 at the moment.
    Phi 1.618 is more universal than pi 3.142

Looks like a MkII Ford with the front sub-frame, engine etc missing, if the glass is intact it's a good project.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

And another sad Ford Eagle SS

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Dropped a line to the seller with the info and advised to protect the screen, if it is still intact. another one for the list but it will never see the light of day

Been in touch with seller who has confirmed that the windscreen has a bad crack in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Badwolf View Post
    Been in touch with seller who has confirmed that the windscreen has a bad crack in it.
    So that's a scrapper then.There is a guy in Germany who could use the doors IF they are OK, but the rest, not worth scrap.
    Last edited by Peter; 28-03-2014 at 04:44 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badwolf View Post
    If the damage is due to the chassis being plonked on top of the body, somebody has been very stupid indeed

Given enough investment of time and money, any car can be brought back to life, but who will make such a committment in this case?

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

What is usable is the chassis as a replacement for a rusty one, side windows, (yes please), rear window, doors IF the roof and hinges haven't rusted and split the two halves apart, front section with lights as a replacement. the VW bonnet has been hacked to fit over the engine, and the main body is a lot of work and a respray, lord only knows what the back looks like.
    As a project it would need as a minimum, a donor car, Cortina Mk III or IV (getting rare), seats and trim, wheels and tyres, electrics, 928 light pods (or converted to MR2, TR6), Screen 400 quid from Pilkingtons plus usual, about 4K plus years of work for a car that maybe irreplaceable but at the end of the day will probably never get finished like the other 550 still missing.