Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gearbox reverse switch

Mine has a modern micro switch that sits in line with the back of the seats, similar to the canopy microswitch.
    This is screwed to the tunnel and the linkage touches it when it goes in reverse.

The main thing is not to fit a normal type switch, as no matter how careful you think you are, you WILL leave it switched on as you drive down the road at somepoint! (I know I did it several times with the original yellow peril before discovering about the gearbox switch solution!)
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

There is a manual switch in there already, I'll see if I can get low enough to see if the hole is tapped for the switch, otherwise a micro switch may be the way forward.

Need to get some for the canopy anyway
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

I have the up canopy switch but no down switch, I need to figure that one out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmacz View Post
    I have the up canopy switch but no down switch, I need to figure that one out as well.
    That's plain odd. It's not a rocker switch is it? So one way is up, and the other is down? That's how the switch works on mine. Obviously they're all different.

That was the cut-off micro switches not the operating switch for the canopy.
    Here is the switch, jubilee clip and a bit of metal.

And the screws are just the right length

bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"