Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark 1 Canopy On Mark 2 Body

Quote Originally Posted by edmorton View Post
    Lowering the floor in relation to the drivetrain is the key...as you say Lauren, easier said than done!

Good luck with the paintwork Giles. Are you thinking Seventies, or styilsh ?!
    Thanks. Both!

I kinda worked from my bum outwards, having sloped and dropped the floor 3" I was happy with the driving position. That gave me a ground clearance to work with, with that I could work out the ride height and relocate the spring plates, chop bump stops,change axles for post '69 2" wider axles, unbolt one sway a way torsion bar adjuster to give variable rate and drop front 2" . HD roll bar, shorter shocks, speciel ball joints, anti bump-steer bushes, spring plate retainers, thicker bell housing mounts to raise axle height. Talk about one thing leading to another

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?Ē JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by NovaF4 View Post
    I must admit, the lead up to the paint job is quite exciting. As I'm sure David experienced, it's sure going to have to pass some stringent tests before the paint goes on!
    The lead up was exciting and I did try to get everything finalized before paint. However I must admit in my rush I didnít finish all the jobs I should have to the right level of quality, so I ended up redoing certain things after paint (never a good idea!).

Also my paint still seems to be alive and moving! Some areas that were smooth immediately after paint around modifications have started to show lines and dips so clearly there I some sort of chemical reaction still occurring. Also I have a couple of patches where the black coat beneath has started to show through, all very strange. I will wait until its fully assembled and then take it back to the paint shop to see what can be done about it. Iím not keen to have it off the road again and just want to drive it whatever state itís in!

Drive it that's the final goal

Or or should it be shackle
    http://jimsnova.page.tl/
    Club Nova / avante membership 031

David, slightly off topic but I can't believe what bad luck you've had with your paint job. Every time I read your comments about it I'm literally doing this:

Let this be a warning to us all. Having said that, I'm not quite sure how to safeguard this kind of thing happening. Go to a reputable sprayer who has proven experience with fibreglass I guess?

For me it feels a long way off. There are so many fiddly things still to design and fit which involves drilling holes in the bodywork for various hinges and catches.

Back to the canopy topic, I wonder how much it would cost for Sterling to ship one of their super cool canopy's over to the UK? Which raises another question - would that fit my mark 2 body?!

G

Quote Originally Posted by NovaF4 View Post
    Back to the canopy topic, I wonder how much it would cost for Sterling to ship one of their super cool canopy's over to the UK? Which raises another question - would that fit my mark 2 body?!

G
    Lots. As an example, someone got one of the Noreca targa roofs shipped over from Malaysia to Queensland here in Oz. Landed cost was just north of $2,000 AUD. And it's further from US to UK.

As for the Sterling Roof fitting a Nova, not sure. There was a Eureka that rallied and rallied hard back in the day. Actually there were two, one in Oz and the other in NZ. The one in NZ had an accident and ended up on it's roof. The roof was destroyed and they decided to get a replacement from the US as it was cheaper than getting one from OZ. Upon arrival they found the Sterling roof didn't fit the Eureka.

Now, I can't remember what version Eureka it was, but most likely a Sport (I think), which is practically identical to the Nova. When I find the video I'll post it up here.

Both these rally Eurekas were special order, and the fiberglass was generally thicker all over, especially around the wheel arches and any areas considered to be 'under load'. This would all be 'under the skin' though, and shouldn't matter concerning roof fitment.

Found that video. Still hard to say, but I think it's a Sport. It's at about 7:11.

Quote Originally Posted by CyCo View Post
    Found that video. Still hard to say, but I think it's a Sport. It's at about 7:11.
    Oops

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    Oops

Mick
    Indeed! Both driver & navigator got out ok though. And I should point out that later in the day at the same corner one of NZ's best rally drivers got caught out on the very same corner and ended up leaving the track all together!

Oh yeah, ignore the commentators description of the handling characteristics of the Eureka. Obviously completely clueless.

Sorry for the side track Giles, back to the scheduled posting.