Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotlights

Spotlights

Hi all. My NOVA is wired up to except spotlights in the mouth of the front undertray. I'd like to get some and mount them before the NOVA is painted but I can't seem to find any online and to be honest I'm not exactly sure what to look for.

I'd like rectangular shaped light units. I don't think round ones would look right unless they were moulded in like the Macca F1. Most sites like Europa and Car Builder Solutions have front fog lights and front driving lights. I'm not sure if these count as spotlights? Also they are so cheap I can't imagine they are any good.

It would also be interesting to hear from any NOVA owners who have some and what their experiences of them are.

My normal lights were always really good, despite some of the stories I hear. I fitted the most expensive and brightest bulbs to them back in '97 and they were great, even through the perspex light covers. I also had some spotlights fitted into the old front spoiler. They were non-adjustable and were never positioned right (one was great for spotting owls in trees) but boy were they bright and effective.

Any help/links would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Giles

This is the lights on mine and here is a set -
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2214923463...84.m1423.l2648
    They don't fit into the cutout, they just sit flush with the front of car.

Thanks for the pic. I'd really like to hide mine as much as possible in the scoops though.

Hi all.

How about something like these http://www.myhellalights.com/index.p...cro-ff-series/ they also do round ones.

Click on the image below the main photo to sse the size of the units.

Mostin
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

It's probably a moot point on a Nova, given the marginal headlight height, but I think there is a min/max height for spots under the C& R regs. Mounting them anywhere below the nose is too low I think; that's why those scared of the dark fit fogs (which are allowed low down) or in the bonnet nostrils, like Alex.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hmm. I will have to check the C&U regs again, I wasn't aware that driving lights had a specific minimum height restriction.

The Elam era factory spots fitted in the Mk1 "mouth" were Cibie "Airport" driving lights, 55W H2 I seem to recall. I am using the lens/reflectors for my inboard spot lights. There is no difference in beam pattern between spot lights and driving lights.

Cibie Airports are still available new, but are no longer available in chrome which is a shame

Lauren

Here you go...

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor.../cibie-airport

I've got a spare pair of clip-on stoneguards if you ever need them...
    Last edited by Spacenut; 16-07-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

I know I said no to round lights but what do you think of these? I didn't realise they came so small so these might work...

http://www.piaa.co.uk/lamps/lampshow.asp?ID=1100X

I fitted something very like that to one of the Mogs..... I shouldn't worry too much about construction and use unless you're trying to get IVA's, as the headlights completely fail to meet positional standards, who cares about auxillary lights?
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

I for one am not at all bothered by laws and regulations. With the NOVA I mean

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaF4 View Post
    I know I said no to round lights but what do you think of these? I didn't realise they came so small so these might work...

http://www.piaa.co.uk/lamps/lampshow.asp?ID=1100X
    They are unobtrusive enough I guess, but to be honest I think you were right about round lights - the Nova was styled specifically to complement the use of rectangular headlamps and auxiliary lamps. Of course you could always try disguising your projector beams as rectangular lamps, like I did
    only Pythagoras can save me now!