Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Phill's Nova Project finally begins

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Alex, you're a genius. It worked. Many thanks
    Phill,

.... So, shall I put the kettle on?

It won't be long now! Your recent progress is giving me the push I need to get back to my resto.

I mean, if you're going to drive over here sometime soon, I need to be able to show you some progress with mine!!

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    nice one Phill good call Alex.

Dirk

Well done and a great call Alex,

I now remember my dad telling ne about forgetfull generators when I was knee high to a grass hopper. Usually on the Fergy 35

No excuses now Phil

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

My car needs new tyres and would benefit from having the wheels professionally refurbished. However, I decided to try refurbishing the wheels myself to save a bit of cash. The two rear wheels were removed and rubbed down before applying a coat of smooth Hamerite silver. I'm very pleased with the result so I will do the same with the front two tyres. I can always get the wheels blasted and powder coated at a later date once the car is finished and on the road.

IMG_8589[1].jpg

I also calibrated the fuel gauge by draining down the tank. When empty it showed 1/4 full so I fitted a variable resistor and adjusted the pot to show the tank as empty.

IMG_8591[1].jpg

Still haven't decided on a windscreen wiper system yet - but will probably go for a pantograph as my experiments with a single arm sweep suggest much of the screen would be missed out whereas a pantograph system will cover a much bigger area
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Great progress Phill.

Your Nova has really come to life now! Just let me know when you want me to put the kettle on for your road legal trip to St Andrews! I can't wait!

Alistair
    We can have a wee 3 car convoy thru St Andrews 😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My car needs new tyres and would benefit from having the wheels professionally refurbished. However, I decided to try refurbishing the wheels myself to save a bit of cash. The two rear wheels were removed and rubbed down before applying a coat of smooth Hamerite silver. I'm very pleased with the result so I will do the same with the front two tyres. I can always get the wheels blasted and powder coated at a later date once the car is finished and on the road.

IMG_8589[1].jpg

I also calibrated the fuel gauge by draining down the tank. When empty it showed 1/4 full so I fitted a variable resistor and adjusted the pot to show the tank as empty.

IMG_8591[1].jpg

Still haven't decided on a windscreen wiper system yet - but will probably go for a pantograph as my experiments with a single arm sweep suggest much of the screen would be missed out whereas a pantograph system will cover a much bigger area
    Well done Phill
    I got a great set of Alloys with good tyres off fleabay for a great price & had them delivered to Bushboy 😊

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Phill the wheels look good. Did you try filling your tank? the change in resistance will also affect the full mark I guess that's less important than knowing when its empty. If you are happy with it measure the resistance of the pot and just put a small resistor in line.

Dirk

I haven't filled the tank yet Dirk - but as you say it's more important to know when it's nearly empty. I'll find out how full it shows when I get it on the road and fill it right up for the first time. Good idea to fit a resistor as the variable resistor I have fitted could get disturbed giving me a false reading at a later date. Meanwhile, I have now ordered a pantograph wiper system from Arc components as recommended by Jim73vw :- http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?3413-Windscreen-wiper-options

"The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

He has the same system on his current nova which he also put on Nena.
    Must be good 👍

I haven't filled the tank yet Dirk - but as you say it's more important to know when it's nearly empty. I'll find out how full it shows when I get it on the road and fill it right up for the first time. Good idea to fit a resistor as the variable resistor I have fitted could get disturbed giving me a false reading at a later date.
    [/URL]
    I installed one of these in my car and it solved that problem.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speed...SABEgKI2vD_BwE