Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Phill's Nova Project finally begins

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Since adopting the "5 mins a day" principle I have been making rapid progress. New seatbelts arrived and have now been fitted

Attachment 3129
    Looking great Phill. There can't be much (if anything) left for you to become road legal .... ?

Just a wee reminder to get yourself a frame head front cover plate (& gasket) before you venture out in the rain.

You must be looking forward to a long Spring/Summer/Autumn this year!

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Just a wee reminder to get yourself a frame head front cover plate (& gasket) before you venture out in the rain.
    I hadn't forgotten Alistair - It's on my latest (relatively small) list of Jobs to finish the car off. The biggest single item of expenditure will be for new tyres which I really need to fit before I can confidently put it on the road. The tyres that are on the car have plenty of tread and are hardly worn, but they are obviously very old with cracked sidewalls. I reckon they probably date all the way back to the 1980's when the car was originally built.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

I hadn't forgotten Alistair - It's on my latest (relatively small) list of Jobs to finish the car off. The biggest single item of expenditure will be for new tyres which I really need to fit before I can confidently put it on the road. The tyres that are on the car have plenty of tread and are hardly worn, but they are obviously very old with cracked sidewalls. I reckon they probably date all the way back to the 1980's when the car was originally built.

I am sure you have already done your homework on where to get tyres but this is where I got mine from

http://www.northhantstyres.com/main-...radial-ta.html

Dirk

Interior looking great ,

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just getting around to all the minor finishing jobs that need doing. Fitted a front number plate which makes the car seem finished now, as well as a chassis plate in the front compartment to cover up a hole that was there. The battery is now bolted down and held in place with a battery clamp while a bungee clip does to hold the battery cover in place. At the rear I have fitted bonnet pins and replaced a faulty key switch with a much better quality new one. Oh and added a few decals to advertise my business, nothing too fancy and over the top - more in keeping the the smaller Gulf and Champion stickers that were already on the car

IMG_8671.jpg IMG_8672.jpg IMG_8673.jpg

Tyres I will be buying from Blackcircles.com as they seem to have a good range of tyres available to fit my rims:- https://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search
    Attached Images Attached Images

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Phil
    Just check the age of the tyres when you get them. Have bought from them before, you may think they are new but can be at least 5 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Phil
    Just check the age of the tyres when you get them. Have bought from them before, you may think they are new but can be at least 5 years old.
    You got me worried there Mark. I buy from Blackcircles all the time for my van, the family car and my daughter's car. Just been out to check all 12 tyres and thankfully all is well ... none older than 2017.

Still, given that you're likely going for a less common tyre size Phill, it's probably worth phoning them to make sure before you part with your cash.

Alistair

You get what you pay for, so you have to think,” Why are they cheaper ?”. It’s because they are older tyres that have not sold. I used to buy from them and wondered why the sidewalls were cracking after a couple of years and found that the tyres were seven years old!
    That was however on a regularly used car.
    I am only pointing out the issue I had. It should not impact on choice or price, however it is worth bearing in mind.
    With a nova, most don’t use as a daily driver 😂😂😂 ( says he who owns the “ princess”) but it is worth bearing in mind that you get what you pay for.

Blog Entries
    Just getting around to all the minor finishing jobs that need doing. Fitted a front number plate which makes the car seem finished now, as well as a chassis plate in the front compartment to cover up a hole that was there. The battery is now bolted down and held in place with a battery clamp while a bungee clip does to hold the battery cover in place. At the rear I have fitted bonnet pins and replaced a faulty key switch with a much better quality new one. Oh and added a few decals to advertise my business, nothing too fancy and over the top - more in keeping the the smaller Gulf and Champion stickers that were already on the car

IMG_8671.jpg IMG_8672.jpg IMG_8673.jpg

Tyres I will be buying from Blackcircles.com as they seem to have a good range of tyres available to fit my rims:- https://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search
    How many jobs left on the list ?

Almost there Steve

IMG_8676.jpg