Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697

Thread: Phill's Nova Project finally begins

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Fed up with Alistairs constant haranguing (which included phonecalls in the middle of the night) asking me when I was going to make up some trim panels for the footwells, I finally found time this evening to do something about it (what else can you do on a Friday evening when the pubs are shut?)

I should have done this ages ago ...
    Hahaha! Well done Phill !! .... but you forgot the kidnap threats I posted to Alison (that's 'Mrs Phill' to those who don't know her) about your blue Nova bodyshell. I know she's not as enthusiastic about the Nova as you, so maybe you should check that it's still there .... or is it?

Anyway, you should have had another Nova run over to St Andrews if you fancied a drink, coz the pubs haven't shut here yet! However, I'm afraid with the restrictions I couldn't have put you up in the house overnight, but you could have slept in the summer house

Seriously though, excellent work! I'm just jealous that you're finishing off your Nova whilst I'm struggling to get back to working on mine. Just various things going on at the moment, but hopefully I'll get back to her soon.

Loved your recent video of your spirited test drive! ... and look forward to seeing you again (outdoors these days!) sometime soon.

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    [...]
    Seriously though, excellent work! I'm just jealous that you're finishing off your Nova whilst I'm struggling to get back to working on mine. Just various things going on at the moment, but hopefully I'll get back to her soon.
    Come on man, get back on the horse

I took Dan's advice and have now fitted a relay feeding power to the starter solenoid. This has solved the problem I was having with the voltage drop caused by the length of the cable from the starter button inside the car and it's low cross section. This voltage drop meant that often the starter button wouldn't work unless the battery was fully charged . In retrospect I should have used a thicker cable, however the relay has solved the problem, and the engine now starts every time even with a low battery

IMG_9989[1].jpg

Finally got around to fitting some ducting from the air intakes on the rear haunches to feed cooler air to the engine. Not sure what if any real good it will do, but at least the air intakes are now functional

IMG_9988[1].jpg

The ducting goes over the fuel tank and ends just in front of the fan assembly

IMG_9987[1].jpg
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Glad it solved a problem for you Phill, good news!

Another thing that’s worth relaying are headlights if you use a good thickness of feed wire to the relay ,a quick test is to use something like a starter jump lead straight off the battery positive turn lights on and touch the positive on the back of the bulb and it usually with increase brightness by about 20/25%