Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Andrew's Black Mk1

Yeah, me too with an Audi 80 Sport. but I had a penalty agreement and I paid 10% less for each week late. Still a month late as insurance jobs came in front but saved a lot of cash. ended up paying 600.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    5) New steering box? The steering seems to be lumpy. Now the car is back on 4 wheels this can be investigated more.
    Andrew
    I have the steering box (and lots of other parts), that only did about 100 miles since fitted, before MRN was crashed last June. If you find you need one send me a PM and we can agree a price that will be much less than a new one. I obviously don't need it as I have a very nice MG rack in the new build.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Canopy moves

Canopy now moving, bit wobbly on the way down though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5kge04q2b...anopy.mp4?dl=0

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Nice one
    Keep the updates coming, videos are always good 😊

New Dash

New simplified dash, starting to take shape
    20170706_110514.jpg

Thinking of covering the aluminium plate at a later point.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Well that's very 21st century.
    Nice one ..

Looking good, have you checked visibilty through the steering wheel when driving? I've finally (after 10 years!) got round to putting a second indicator repeater bulb in a place where it ISN'T completely obscured by the wheel rim........
    It's a 49 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Getting there

There may be another Nova on the road before the year's out
    20171031_123618.jpg 20171031_123709.jpg 20171031_123653.jpg 20171031_123542.jpg

Couple of electrical switches left to wire in, water leak to fix, oh and fit the replacement windscreen...then it's MOT time. All the warning lights are in the central display. Looks like the switches may need to be moved at some point (if I want to see them).

The old trip computer needs to be re-wired, at some point. Just for show at the moment.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    That Sparkrite computer looks so cool. I remember back in 1980 there was a similar pod mounted computer called a Prince or maybe a Princetronic, I saw it on the cover of Hobby Electronics and just knew I had to have it (the magazine obviously). If anything the Sparkrite looks more in tune with today's Toughbook styling, more Red Dwarf industrial than Star Trek. I used to run around with a Sparkrite SX2000 electronic ignition system which I picked up at a car boot sale for £2. I seem to recall that Giles went one better and got an identical model for £1. Never had any trouble with them, very robustly engineered for their day. Hopefully the computer will work reliably too!

What's the deal with the Pininfarina and prancing horse badges then?

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Pleased to hear another car is close to becoming road legal once more. Well done
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns