Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071

Thread: Marks Silver machine

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Is that 2cv based? Richard Oakes did something similar with the blackjack zero which I think is beetle based. Can you tell us more about it?
    It's a Lomax 223 - essentially a 2CV chassis with a modified back end to accept the 2CV trailing arm, reversed so that it puts the wheel in the centre. There was a 224 as well, using an unmodified 2CV chassis and 4 wheels.

Richard Oakes did indeed move into 3-wheelers, with the Blackjack Avion. This was designed to use the 2CV engine and transmission, but with a custom designed tubular spaceframe chassis and suspension, but could also use the VW 4-cylinder engine, presumably with modified transmission for FWD.

The hottest spec used a Moto Guzzi V-twin engine and the Beetle transmission I think...

When I took the Green Machine down to Wadebridge Wheels back in 2010 I parked up with a couple of Blackjacks, and of course everyone assumed that they were the older design, with their retro looks, whereas the reality is the Nova pre-dated them by 40 years!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post

When I took the Green Machine down to Wadebridge Wheels back in 2010 I parked up with a couple of Blackjacks, and of course everyone assumed that they were the older design, with their retro looks, whereas the reality is the Nova pre-dated them by 40 years!

Lauren
    Was that REALLY 2010?
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    I'm afraid it was - fortunately the show report is still in the Events section, and unlike me, none of your pictures have grenaded Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Original Gulf Nova

I came across this video of the original Gulf Nova that has inspired us...except they seem to think it's a Eureka? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZes57BXV6I
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Interesting vid and a nice example of the marque, however the more I saw if that car, the more I realised how good Buffy's car is. Mark gets more than his share of flak on this forum, but one has to admit that the attention to detail on his car is outstanding.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Steve
    True words, I take some flack, but my car is outstanding 😂😂😂😂

Interesting to watch the video, and it is all about the detail, especially inside the car.
    Inside and outside are the key areas which most people see. I just took my time in all areas, and will do the same process with the Lomax.
    Now back to looking at August on my calendar 👍