Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Marks Silver machine

Hybrid View

Marks Silver machine

Hi,
    I have been viewing the forum for several months in the hope that one day I can actually add something. I have been aware of this particular Nova for several months. It belonged to my partners boss who tells me he bought it several years ago, and all he has done is left it in the open air. He has never sat in it!!. He has never tried to start it as the engine ( Alfa 1700) is seized. Does anyone recognise it ? Apparently he got it from near Ringwood

0.jpg

This was taken a couple of years ago. It was left outside just the other side of the fence in the picture where it then started to turn green. The rear window was also missing.
    I have now managed to persuade him to sell it to me. Hopefully soon he can find the keys so that I can actually open the roof !!. From pearing inside i can see a makers plate laying in a side pocket clearly stamped MK4, think the date was April or Aug 1996, production number 15.

As soon as I can get in the car home ( and work out fully how to upload photos) I will be able to show you more, and obviously ask lots of questions!!

Welcome to Nova ownership.

I can't say I've seen it before on here, those wheels are pretty distinctive, but the Reg number will probably be recognised by someone on the site if you can tell us.

If its been stored outside uncovered with the rear window missing the inside will probably be scrap, possibly the floorpans too if a lot of water has got in.

Best of luck with getting it on the road.

Mick
    Club Nova Member

MicksRedNova2 may take longer than the original!!

Welcome to the fascinating and sometimes frustrating world of Nova ownership, and good luck with your new acquisition.
    Phi 1.618 is more universal than pi 3.142

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    Welcome to Nova ownership.

I can't say I've seen it before on here, those wheels are pretty distinctive, but the Reg number will probably be recognised by someone on the site if you can tell us.

If its been stored outside uncovered with the rear window missing the inside will probably be scrap, possibly the floorpans too if a lot of water has got in.

Best of luck with getting it on the road.

Mick

Index is TTP597K. I was already aware about the interior being abit damp!!. As soon as I can get inside can then fully assess.

Regards

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Index is TTP597K. I was already aware about the interior being abit damp!!. As soon as I can get inside can then fully assess.

Regards

Mark
    Often discussed in Club Nova community, but never actioned that I'm aware is to construct a Nova Reg register. As I will be laid up and bored for a couple of months soon, I may take the opportunity to start a basic one, unless someone's done it already.

Mick
    Club Nova Member

IF it's number 15, it must be just about the last one of Sam's production, If I remember correctly (he said that was about what he'd sold........) And Hi Mark, where are you based?
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    IF it's number 15, it must be just about the last one of Sam's production, If I remember correctly (he said that was about what he'd sold........) And Hi Mark, where are you based?
    Hi, I read that magic number in the books too. Having fun with the computer on uploading photos at the moment but will sus it out soon.
    Based near Eastbourne in Sussex. The good thing is that the car is registered on historic 1971 as a nova sports. Fitted with a seized Alfa 1700 engine, the centerline wheels are 17"rear, 16" front. I know that the roof lip spoiler is inside the car along with a load of other bits. I am hoping that the engine cover is also inside !!!! I also think that the rubber seal around the roof is just there for protection, or at least I hope it is.
    I just saw the car and fell in love with it.
    The last time I restored a car was a Triumph GT6 back in 1988, and that car is still going strong ( managed to trace the current owner through facebook).
    Nothing like a challenge, her indoors was uncertain till I showed her the picture of the Nova in Gulf colours, then she wanted it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    Often discussed in Club Nova community, but never actioned that I'm aware is to construct a Nova Reg register. As I will be laid up and bored for a couple of months soon, I may take the opportunity to start a basic one, unless someone's done it already.

Mick
    I finally got bored enough to start a Nova Register and will start a new thread to track its progress

Mick
    Club Nova Member

Picture of Cavalier lights ala Mk4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phi 1.618 is more universal than pi 3.142

That's a good looking, I like the exhausts, looks like they should be there which is always a sign that a design is working.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl