Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast

Thread: Marks Silver machine

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Good to hear - well done.

Thanks for all the comments.
    I do intend to get the nova out now to see how I feel now about “ Stay or go”
    Temp was fine whilst sat running in the station and the drive too and from so that was reassuring.
    Sorted the handbrake prior to going to work. Just the squealing fan belt to do!!!
    Can’t play this weekend as have commitments , so next week fingers crossed !

Sitting in the drive versus flat out on the motorway will put different levels of strain on the cooling system. Drive it like you stole it! (on a motorway) Then let us know if the cooling system holds up, if its does I'm definitely heading that route and want some pics (I hope you took) or your install

Cooling system.
    I have updated my original system as I was slightly paranoid about air locks.
    You will have all seen under the bonnet which is where I have an expansion tank, but having one there made me think about possible trapped air at the back, so I have added a second expansion tank. I have one at the front which basically services the rads, and one for the engine at the back. This makes for filling the system so much easier and I am certain I have no air pockets.
    Bought from eBay, it’s a chrome Mini Cooper expansion tank and as you can see neatly fits in the corner. I made a small bracket so that it is mounted to the body/ rear bumper join.
    Seems to be working well ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Buffy; 26-06-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Dave
    For original discussion about cooling system on my thread, go to Page 7 and page 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Dave
    For original discussion about cooling system on my thread, go to Page 7 and page 10.
    last question, for the flow of water did you do the following :

1) Hot engine water to bottom of one rad, exit at the top then to bottom of second rad, exit at the top then cooled water back to engine;

or

2) Hot engine water to bottom of one rad, exit at the top then to top of second, exit at the bottom then cooled water back to engine;

The reason I ask is I always thought that hot water is supposed to go into the bottom of rads and exit at the top?

At work, but certain I did No. 2 as in truth you are just joining the rads together.
    You also gave me the idea from a link which you had from someone, I think in Oz, who did the same .....

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    At work, but certain I did No. 2 as in truth you are just joining the rads together.
    You also gave me the idea from a link which you had from someone, I think in Oz, who did the same .....
    Yes that was Radek's build https://radekseureka.blogspot.com/2015/02/cooling.html

I was just thinking that "heat rises", hence I think the hot inlet is generally at the bottom on most cars. However I guess the way you and Radek did it with the inlet at the top for the second rad works so I'll follow that route.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    1) Hot engine water to bottom of one rad, exit at the top then to bottom of second rad, exit at the top then cooled water back to engine
    Lamborghini used this configuration to cool the V12 in the Countach, so I think your logic is correct.
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Lamborghini used this configuration to cool the V12 in the Countach, so I think your logic is correct.
    Thought I would just throw this out there.

The Countach had over heating issues. Maybe not the best example

I was always told that hot in from the top bad.

It can be done but I think studies have shown that the cooling system is more efficient when the water enters at the bottom.
    I remember reading some where also that its harder to purge the air out of the system