Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Marks Silver machine

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Great to see The Princess again Mark ... it's been a while. Her little cousin looks very good too!
    Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Phil, unfortunately, and being a Princess!, she does not conform to the norm.
    Compubrake pedal box, dual circuit brakes with hydraulic clutch and discs front and rear ...
    Already changed the front brake master cylinder as found there was a groove in the barrel causing the inner piston to stick ..
    Hello Mark, Nice pic of the 'fleet'.

Interesting to hear about your brakes; I have a similar Compbrake set-up (untried of course)
    EMPI disk conversion at the back, twin pot Willwoods at the front.
    I plan on using the 0.7 (capacity) Master Cylinder for the rear and the 0.6 Cylinder for the front.
    But that's guess. I'll be bolting all this kit together and hoping for the best.

Due to a few “ work related “ issues , I have been able to do some work on my other project, which is now booked in for mot tomorrow.
    The “princess” has been sitting there patiently watching but now it seems she will want my attention again ( really want to sort out the useless brakes ).

Don’t worry, I am expecting comments 😂
    Attachment 3582

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can not think of anything witty so good luck with the MOT, on the plus side you may get a discount on 2 trailers

Dirk

Mark, I know you have disks, but can't remember if you are using the standard beetle calipers for these or after market ones? Disks alone won't make a huge difference unless matted to decent size calipers. Also I assume they are fully bled and not spongy?

Dave
    Standard discs and pads on the front, along with empi kit in the rear.
    Have lost count the amount of times I have bled the system, so I need to establish how much pressure each corner is actually getting before I look at possible disc/ pad changes.
    I am not a fan of the empi kit for it is always the rears which are worst ......

The lomax actually has better brakes, and there are only three of them 😂😂

Dave
    Standard discs and pads on the front, along with empi kit in the rear.
    Have lost count the amount of times I have bled the system, so I need to establish how much pressure each corner is actually getting before I look at possible disc/ pad changes.
    I am not a fan of the empi kit for it is always the rears which are worst ......
    The standard beetle pads are tiny, I did a home brew with Citreon visa calipers (pads more than twice the size). Change your front calipers for some aftermarket ones with big pads. Then adjust the bias as required on the pedal box

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    The standard beetle pads are tiny, I did a home brew with Citreon visa calipers (pads more than twice the size). Change your front calipers for some aftermarket ones with big pads. Then adjust the bias as required on the pedal box
    What did you have to do to fit the Citroen Visa calipes?

Dirk

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My car has standard Beetle discs and calipers, and though they were very poor at first, once I had adjusted them properly and driven it a few miles (over 900 to date) they improved dramatically to the extent that I can easily look the front wheels under heavy braking. Perhaps all the car needs is a few more miles under it's belt?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Even my Wilwood 4 pots needed a lot of bleeding, (and they have 4 nipples per caliper) only to find out the master cylinder was faulty and wasn't returning fully to pick up a full load of fluid. sorted. only problem now is will it work on the road.
    I have vented discs, not so much for 100KPH to zero but on-off a lot as anyone who has driven in Spain with an idiot up their boot will know.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl