Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Marks Silver machine

I ran all my wiring in tubing, rear loom up the side, behind pod in your case. Likewise all front from lights etc in tubes along inside of boot onto dash area, or fuse box.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Looking good, I cant imagine the heat from the heater would be enough to harm your fuses or wiring, but it does look like any passenger would be a bit cramped sitting in the car? like Peter said run the cables along the side pods, my fuse panel swung down from the underside of the dash.

Dirk

Mark, its all looking very nice and coming together. The front grills as you say fit well, just be sure to make baffles either side of the radiators in the front undertray so the the air has no choice but to go through the radiator and not around the sides. It will take the path of least resistance (I'm also currently planning to go the two side radiator route ever since seeing it on Radek's blog http://radekseureka.blogspot.sg/2015/02/cooling.html)

I don't remember you being very short, but your partner must have really short legs if they are to fit in the passenger side footwell as that's quite a shortened wheel well with the heater there. I do like the idea of a drop down fuse panel though

David.

In relation to the radiator baffles as mentioned I think I should be ok as I have housed the rads in "pods" which through precise planning and engineering, ( known as luck), put the rad in direct alignment with the grille.

As for the passenger side space, yes she is shorter than me. I will measure the distance left and update, but to me it does not seem too bad. And anyway, it won't bother me for I will be driving !!

Mark

Quick measurement done
    I have dropped floors so, from the board to the back of the dropped floor 44 inches.
    Dropped a seat in and to the back of the seat 39 inches.
    Lots of space.
    Looking from passenger to drivers side the board is in line with the clutch pedal.

Buffy

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Quick measurement done
    I have dropped floors so, from the board to the back of the dropped floor 44 inches.
    Dropped a seat in and to the back of the seat 39 inches.
    Lots of space.
    Looking from passenger to drivers side the board is in line with the clutch pedal.

Buffy
    Funny how the the photos make it look much worse than it clearly is. You have now inspired me to relook at heater / aircon placement options when I next get to sit in my car as this opens up a world of possibilities
    Last edited by islandman; 23-12-2015 at 11:44 AM.

All I have done is pinch 10 inches of space in front of the bulkhead to house the heater and fusebox.
    Will post a piccie later to show this.
    Glad some of my ideas are of use !!!

Buffy

Top view as promisednova heater top view.jpg

Excellent, many thanks. I will hold off on my dashboard changes for now then until I can get back to the UK and explore different placement options for my aircon unit then. I have been trying to devise different dash vent options as I currently only have two centre vents and really wanted a driver and passenger side one also. This is not currently possible due to where my unit is mounted under the passenger side dashboard. So good bit of lateral thinking if I can get enough leg room for my passengers and the unit is narrow enough to fit in that gap

Just fitted the 63mm ducting for my two dash vents and I was surprised how I could tuck it out of the way.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl