Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Marks Silver machine

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Bear with
    All went well although slight panic as screen did not fit initially so spend a couple of hours fine sanding the edges
    But fits really well
    Trim added too along with side windows
    Photos later
    Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok
    I have not lifted the roof yet so still need to clean inside, remove film, fit mirrors and trim, but this will give you an idea of where I am going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone also used the product
    Dum dum
    They said I could use it to fill the gap between the side windows and the frame.......

Classic Morris Minor gunge! Used it where it's supposed to go on them (sealing the woodwork on Travellers) and it's great - never really sets - proper mastic. And it washes off your hands!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Ok
    I have not lifted the roof yet so still need to clean inside, remove film, fit mirrors and trim, but this will give you an idea of where I am going
    Fantastic to see the glass in at long last!!

.... but after the pic the other day with your head sticking out the windscreen space as you went down the lane, are you sure you'll fit! Only joking, I know you'll have made sure that you'll fit .... good luck with the MOT and enjoy!!

Alistair

Looks ace, I bet you can not wait for the MOT nice one.

Dirk

I'm sure you are over the moon with where you are at right now on the build, looking very finished.

its the first time I realised that Sam's canopy was based on the mark 2, as the "eyebrow" is evident in your photo. So that gives you a bit of extra headroom. It also brings into question whether there are differences in the screens or whether Sam modified the canopy to accept a Mark 1 screen as you ordered the same screen I put in my Mark 1 canopy.

Did the paint get chipped on the bottom passengers side corner in the process or is that just a spec of dirt?

Waiting for a 3rd party to do their part is one of the biggest frustrations to me.

It goes without saying I bet your glad the screen fitting is over.

Looks great & worth the wait

Just the MOT then your off

Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    I'm sure you are over the moon with where you are at right now on the build, looking very finished.

its the first time I realised that Sam's canopy was based on the mark 2, as the "eyebrow" is evident in your photo. So that gives you a bit of extra headroom. It also brings into question whether there are differences in the screens or whether Sam modified the canopy to accept a Mark 1 screen as you ordered the same screen I put in my Mark 1 canopy.
    Sam said he based his canopy on the Mk 2 but modified it to get rid of the weird 'dip' twixt screen-top and eyebrow (also losing the ripples in the eyebrow at the same time). I think he also suggested that he'd made the screen slightly more vertical.
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*