Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wheels - diameter - what are people running?

Quote Originally Posted by jim73vw View Post

Am still more tempted to go for this, as whilst there are many buggy options in 4 x 130 they are all 15".
    Most probably because the Beetle was fitted with 15" wheels as standard.

Quote Originally Posted by CyCo View Post
    Most probably because the Beetle was fitted with 15" wheels as standard.
    indeed, but still tempted to go larger diameter and lower profile tyres for a more modern look/feel.

anyone on here running rims over 15" diameter?
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

We did see an Avante at Stones running 18s a few years back - looked OK, but although big rims are often suggested as 'modernising' it actually made the otherwise nicely turned-out car look like a 70s Hotwheels toy........(I've photos somewhere...) I also suspect that with the obligatory pencil tyres they will give a particularly nasty ride, but stylists never consider practicalities - just as well or we wouldn't have Novas in the first place!
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Well, there was a 'reek here in Oz running 20" wheels (!!), but I don't know how long that lasted and if they're still fitted. Car was sold (for a reputed $50,000 (!!!)), and never seen again.

15" x ? (sorry, they aren't in front of me)
    205/65R15 Fronts
    225/60R15 Rears

Revolutions, which are made in 6" - 9" width today, but I don't know about historically
    Never be afraid to stand out from the crowd!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Hi, just to let you know that on mine front tyres are 225/50 16, rears are 275/40 17.

These are fitted to Centerline wheels.

I have not driven the car as have only just got it and in the process of restoring, but they do look the part!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Hi, just to let you know that on mine front tyres are 225/50 16, rears are 275/40 17.

These are fitted to Centerline wheels.

I have not driven the car as have only just got it and in the process of restoring, but they do look the part!
    any pictures?
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

They do look the part Buffy! Very Nice!
    Never be afraid to stand out from the crowd!

As I drive a few cars i own and they have very different boots on I can say keep the hell away from low profile tyres, I have 205/45-16 on my A-class and it is the hardest ride ever, The BMW E30 has normal 65 tyres and I can ride that all day as can I the SS with 65 profiles. Also damage to inner wheel rims is very common on low profiles.
    IMHO, I still don't think they look good on a 70 design car.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl