Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What colour Nova?

Must admit, it did take a brave bloke to go buy a pink muscle car here in the '70's. But, there were women who bought muscle cars back then too, so I'd imagine most of those pink muscle cars bought back then would have been women.

It is a nice looking Charger. Valiant here didn't really go into the wild names for the wild colours back then. The above Charger, and Eureka are painted in Magenta. Oh, and the magenta 'reek is indeed owned by a woman, and the yellow one next to it must be her husbands. He has actually built three, two as kits back in the day, and the pink one was only rebuilt a couple years ago. All pretty impressive as he has a birth defect which didn't leave him with many fingers on his right hand. They're no longer in the club (lets just say politics) which is a shame, but they still get their cars out and drive them ans take them to show & shines.

Oh, Holden also had a pink muscle car back in the '70's, pink on black Torana's.

The name of the paint? Strike me pink! I think it was also an option on the Kingswoods as well.

There were pink Ford Falcons as well I think. I remember one, think it was a metallic, so that could have been after market.
    Last edited by CyCo; 04-02-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyCo View Post
    Must admit, it did take a brave bloke to go buy a pink muscle car here in the '70's.
    Bloody silly isn't it?!

Why shouldn't you have a pink (magenta?!) car if you want one?
    Personally, I don't like the colour much, too hard to look at! But the Holden's shape suits the pale colour.

Which is another point - some shapes suit darker or lighter shades I think, is this just me / optical illusion / personal taste, or do others agree?
    Never be afraid to stand out from the crowd!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    So what looks better on a nova, lighter or darker ?

Not to mention pink Cadillacs.
    My nephew Paul Oz' the painter has just had his car wrapped in a beautiful gold/orange. Looks fab' I'm looking at a black pearl later, IF I can afford it, will have to sell the old Burgman though.
    I think two tone always looks good on our cars, Sapphire blue over silver is my fav'.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hmm, the Strike Me Pink Torana looks a bit too pink, but the Magenta Charger looks great!

My first American muscle cars book colour portfolio included a Panther Pink 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Six Pak. With the flat black bonnet and T/A signature air scoop, T/A call out side stripes, rear window louvres and Go Wing, it looked truly awesome!

I really like high impact colours of any sort, to be honest. Bright orange, yellow, lime green, magenta, vivid blue... so redolent of the 1970s. To drive such a brightly coloured car today shows that you are not concerned about residuals

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

The only problem with very distinctive features such as radical styling, colours, noisy engines/exhaust etc is you get tired of them very quickly.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The only problem with very distinctive features such as radical styling, colours, noisy engines/exhaust etc is you get tired of them very quickly.

Good job Nova's are subtle and blend into the background then !!!!

Not saying they do but,,,,

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Good job Nova's are subtle and blend into the background then !!!!
    Exactly! You can't go anywhere without attracting attention. Subtle it ain't. So why not go for a loud, brash colour to match the engine, the styling?

For the record, I think lighter colours work best with the Nova styling, apart from white, which sort of washes out the features. Metallics can work well, but (my opinion only) I think they detract from some of those gorgeous features, like the shoulder vents and bonnet nostrils...

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

My preference is always the solid lighter colours, but that might just be nostalgia and 80's sports cars.

Dirk