Thread: NCF Torino

NCF Torino

Now why would you do this to a poor, unsuspecting Fiat Panda? Take a tiny, practical 4x4 and create something that makes the original Dacia Duster look like a Bertone masterpiece......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIT-CAR-NC...item4197ca9ddd
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

I was looking at that one as well, it is pretty bad.

Can't understand why only 30 were made

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    I really liked the first generation NCF Diamond when it came out. Originally Cortina based, but you could build it on a Hilux chassis as well. I didn't know they did a Panda 4x4 car. Each to their own, and all that, but I quite like it - there is a real NCF family resemblance, it appears to be as well designed as the Diamond, and doesn't have the external door hinges and other utilitarian features of the donor...

Shame it hasn't got a hardtop though

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

They have taken a fiat panda and made it less desirable, that takes some doing.
    The Diamond, Jago jeep or the Eagle rv were the choices if I remember right.
    There was another one, the rickman ranger.
    Memory is not very good though.

D*tt*n S**r* as well...
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!

I was going to say it bears a resemblance to Tim Dutton's handy-work but no where near as nice as the Dutton Aqua-car, and that is no beauty.
    Continuing the body line through the door panels would have helped and bigger wheels, looks like a nice candidate for some play time in PaintShop.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmacz View Post
    They have taken a fiat panda and made it less desirable, that takes some doing.
    The Diamond, Jago jeep or the Eagle rv were the choices if I remember right.
    There was another one, the rickman ranger.
    Memory is not very good though.
    Don't forget the Ginetta GRS Tora, or the Foers Ibex...

I still think it looks better than a stock Panda. And I remember coming across a Mini Marcos with Panda 4x4 running gear, I don't think you can get much uglier (or pointless) than that!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

A Diamond has just turned up on ebay, terrible pics but looks like a good project but is there any market for these type of kitcars anymore.

For some unfathomable reason, there always seem to be people who will drive uncomfortable, ill-thought out, impractical, unreliable, ugly conversions of normal, usable cars...... The market has been largely destroyed by the SVA/IVA, as you can't pass that with something stupid done on a shoestring. So the answer is 'yes' if they have a V5 and number plate - if like many of the Ford based Eagle SSs that come up with out them, then 'no' unless the buyer is too dim to do any research, or incredibly optimistic!

(Have you noticed with this Torino how bad the door-fit is, and how the original bumpers (a nasty grey plastic that faded almost instantly in the first place) have been incorporated (tacked onto) the 'design'?)