Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Water Cooling Options

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    However I intend to slope the rads the other way, ie low at front & high at the back.

Bushboy
    I'm not sure you will have enough space to reverse them. The front under tray slopes down from the front to the back, if you tried to reverse the rad slope the angle would be almost horizontal given the space confines. I guess it will all become clear when you offer it up.

Something else to keep in mind;

Or horizontal above the wheel arch with louvers in the top of the wing/body in front of the screen is about the only option not thought of, but it's a daft one anyway.

I was thinking of the large oil cooler I have under the front of the rear deck and all that space above the gearbox and under where most of you have the fuel tank. a largish radiator with two fans, one constant and one thermo switched, would work well.

Showing louvered exit for oil cooler

Large fan assisted switched oil cooler
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter; 11-07-2015 at 10:51 AM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Decisions, decisions, glad I have air/oil cooled.

I rate; Effective/ease of install.
    A, 80%/50%
    B, 50%/30%
    C, 20%/10%
    D, 80%/60%
    E, 80%/80%
    F, 30%/70%

IMHO
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter; 11-07-2015 at 10:40 AM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Or horizontal above the wheel arch with louvers in the top of the wing/body in front of the screen is about the only option not thought of, but it's a daft one anyway.

I was thinking of the large oil cooler I have under the front of the rear deck and all that space above the gearbox and under where most of you have the fuel tank. a largish radiator with two fans, one constant and one thermo switched, would work well.

Showing louvered exit for oil cooler

Large fan assisted switched oil cooler
    this is the option i`m going for. nice large space where most nova`s have the fuel tank. a few more mod`s to inside of body for maximum air flow. the only problem doing it this way is that most of hot air from the rad will pass out over the top of the engine bay which is where, at the moment, my air intake for the carb sits. this may have an affect on the carb tuning. if it does i`ll just re route the air intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Decisions, decisions, glad I have air/oil cooled.

I rate; Effective/ease of install.
    A, 80%/50%
    B, 50%/30%
    C, 20%/10%
    D, 80%/60%
    E, 80%/80%
    F, 30%/70%

IMHO
    nice pic`s peter as usual.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    There is much good info on here, and I am obviously grateful, it does make sense I think for a desperate folder for the watercooled engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    There is much good info on here, and I am obviously grateful, it does make sense I think for a desperate folder for the watercooled engines.
    When it comes to water cooled issues most of us are "desperate" for solutions so it makes sense

Seriously though we have sort of hijacked your build thread, Maybe Dan or Alax can move these bits of the thread to a new "Radiator" thread ?

Water Cooling Options

As requested, new thread for discussion of water cooling ideas and issues. Enjoy!
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Beat me to it! Thanks Alex.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*