Thread: Eagle ss type of kit.

Eagle ss type of kit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAFFO-BELVA-KIT-CAR-KITCAR-SPORTS-CAR-/201391458947?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276#ht_1495wt_958
    Very tidy kitcar with gullwing doors needing a new owner.
    Bit pricey and needing work but if no offers, could go a fair bit cheaper.
    Last edited by Gmacz; 20-07-2015 at 05:56 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Raffo Belva - proper mid-engined sports car from John Raffo, of Tipo 12 fame. I've often wondered if the windscreen is the same as a Chevron B16.

By all accounts the car performs very well, so may be worth the money. Styling is subjective (I love the front, shades of Ford P68, but the back end is awful).

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Actually I don't think the back end is all that bad really, I've seen many Nova's with far worse rear ends! Having said that the wing needs revising as it looks like an afterthought.

I also think the execution of the Gull Wing doors is quite well done.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say

Cab looks very small, wonder if a 6 footer would fit inside.
    Rear wing is a mess but the rest is very nice, would love to see one up close, pics can hide a lot.

I must say I like the Raffo, yellow seems to be popular colour. Here is another one I snapped at Newark a few years back, other than Novas on our stand it was the car I liked best at the show:

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...ighlight=raffo

Mick
    Club Nova Member

MicksRedNova2 may take longer than the original!!

Over £9k for this kit.
    Saw a post on a forum about terrible handling with this kitcar from the owner.
    Notice he mentioned tracking problems etc in the advert, one for the new owner to sort out.
    Cannot believe this is worth more than double what a sorted Nova would command.
    Would the nova be worth a lot more if there was a lot less off them.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmacz View Post
    Over £9k for this kit.
    Saw a post on a forum about terrible handling with this kitcar from the owner.
    Notice he mentioned tracking problems etc in the advert, one for the new owner to sort out.
    Cannot believe this is worth more than double what a sorted Nova would command.
    Would the nova be worth a lot more if there was a lot less off them.
    I don't think it is the relative scarcity of the Raffo vs The Nova, it's to do with the Spec.
    If there were a Nova built to the same spec as that Raffo, I'd pay 9 grand for it;
    a road legal, 2 Litre, mid-engined Nova - I'd bite your hand off.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Precisely. John Raffo has had years of experience racing (and later designing) cars. He even competed in the 1971 Targa Florio in a Chevron B8. Like Lee Noble with the Ultima, a well-engineered mid-engine spaceframe car (with a bit of competition pedigree) will always command high prices. The Nova may have the looks, but that is just skin-deep, unfortunately.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!