Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Purvis Eureka Annual Meet

2015 Purvis Eureka Annual Meet

Ok, so late posting, the annual meet is this weekend! This year we're up in Ballina on the north coast of NSW. It's a lovely location, not that I've been there, but a quick Google shows off a nice section of the coastline.

This years trip is around a 1334 klm (829 mile) round trip, or about 7.5 hour trip one way, + rest stops.

My 'reek is off the road, so I'll be taking the Camry on it's last long road trip. I've gone and bought myself a brand new car, but in my usual style, I must have started arranging it a week too late as it arrives next tuesday. Bummer. Would have been an awesome cruise to break the car in. I'm getting a Toyota 86 GT. Starting to think I like impractical cars with Subaru engines that aren't themselves Subaru. lol

Of course, I'll take plenty of photos, and according to Google, the weather forecast is for friday to be mostly sunny, but the weekend clear and sunny with a maximum of 26* C (78* F) Should be an awesome weekend!

Have a great time Cyco. Pitty you not doing the trip in the reek.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Sounds like an awesome weekend looming, have a great time.
    Weather sounds about the same as the Costa del Sol so should be nice, not too hot.
    I wonder why it is that despite 12 months notice many of our cars are always 'off road' when it comes to THE annual event?

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

So what do you do in Australia when your car club has already been to a skid pan and taken our cars on a go kart track?? You go to the beach...

...and I got some wicked sunburn. Damn my English/Irish ancestry. 8p

More when I gey home after monday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Oh man that is sooooooo cool! Can't wait to see more
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Ok people!!

After getting home last night and soaking for a long time in the bath (nice case of a bad sunburn), I felt completely zonked out. The Ballina Boys (and they're amazing Bosses!! ) put on an amazing meet. So I went to bed early and only now have uploaded photos If you missed out, you missed out!!

So, lets share the love, and show those poor people what they missed out on.

[

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

This was the meet that broke my PhotoBucket account, it got too full! Over 2 gig of car photos, and mainly Eurekas! So I upgraded, and now have a paid PhotoBucket account.

I did take some videos with my digital camera, and they look ok on the camera and computer, but so so good once on PhotoBucket. I might try YouTube later. And the battery in my camera went flat on the beach, so I took a few more photos with my phone, which I've yet to get off the phone. They'll be posted here of course.

My PhotoBucket Account.

Great photos!

I love the number plate on the blue T-Top "155MPH"

Looks like a fantastic day, wish i could have gone.