Thread: 2016

As per message on EOC forum.

Happy new year to one and all Eagle owners (and I guess some of it could apply to Nova in some respects also).

I hope 2016 will see a marked improvement in the forum which as you know in common with many other forums covering many other makes, not just kit cars, we all but died in 2015 due to lack of input. Even cooperating with Euro Nova and having space provided on their forum didn't help. I really have tried to keep things going in the face of dwindling interest and posts but it isn't up to me is it? Please, in 2016 post as much as you can if only a blog, a joke or get that build diary going again, anything is better than nothing.

I will continue to post my rubbish on my build thread in the hope it inspires others to do the same and thanks to neilsmith lately for his contributions and Gary, maverick and colivent1 etc. for hanging in there also, I do look to see who has logged in every day.

I know there are several cars out there that are road worthy but haven't seen the light of day for a while and I hope we see some reappear in 2016 now short term insurance and road tax is possible and we see a great turnout in May, so plenty of notice guys and don't leave it until the last day.

Even if your car hasn't turned a wheel in a couple of years and not likely to see the tarmac any time soon, please take care of it, turn it over, move it up and down the drive, clean it, oil it, just don't let it decay into yet another 'restoration project', better still, work on it, please.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    now short term insurance and road tax is possible.
    I didn't know that, just googled and found out more, very useful for people like me who make guest appearances in the UK

Yes, insurance is cheap for a short number of days - anything much over a week gets progressively sillier.... I guess short tax is just pay monthly and SORN, or pay 6 monthly and lose a month when you SORN.
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Just treated myself to a nearly ready SS. Hoping to MOT next week. I have a tame MOT chap on hand (actually make that 2!) I'm having health issues so may not be able to drive normally for much longer so I blew my savings and can't wait to get on the road in something exciting! Will require lots and lots of advice as I'm used to fixing land rovers!

Quote Originally Posted by Annabellabong View Post
    Just treated myself to a nearly ready SS. Hoping to MOT next week. I have a tame MOT chap on hand (actually make that 2!) I'm having health issues so may not be able to drive normally for much longer so I blew my savings and can't wait to get on the road in something exciting! Will require lots and lots of advice as I'm used to fixing land rovers!
    So, will you be coming to Castle Combe KitCar show on 25th June in your new SS then??

Mick
    Club Nova Member

MicksRedNova2 may take longer than the original!!

Quote Originally Posted by Annabellabong View Post
    Know what you mean, I'm 70 and knackered knees etc so I'm in the same boat. Lucky the SS has a lower door sill to crawl put over.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    So, will you be coming to Castle Combe KitCar show on 25th June in your new SS then??

Mick
    Won't make it to the show, I work at the weekends and am actually in Surrey that weekend. Am planning on taking it though instead of my Range Rover. It's now on trade plates till mot on Monday. I've done 7 miles so far with the other half following me with the tool kit, but to be honest apart from a few extra earths, Ben didn't do a bad job.