Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Never ending (Nova) story!

Quote Originally Posted by kdnova View Post
    Nova finally passed mot today. Been a long struggle and to top it off on the nova fort back and broke down on the way home.

Im thinking that the fuel line iss too close to exhaust causing the fuel to gas off before getting to carbs. Itd ok at higher revs but tick over etc is a struggle
    Another one on the road - good news.

High hopes for Stoneleigh 2018!
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Well done kdnova Great news.

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Well done mate on the mot.
    I really hope now that after all this time you can now enjoy driving it and put aside those thoughts of selling.
    Summer is here 😁

Quote Originally Posted by kdnova View Post
    Nova finally passed mot today. Been a long struggle and to top it off on the nova fort back and broke down on the way home.

Im thinking that the fuel line iss too close to exhaust causing the fuel to gas off before getting to carbs. Itd ok at higher revs but tick over etc is a struggle
    Sounds more like you have crap in the slow running jet. I'd suggest taking the air cleaner off and whacking a bunched up cloth over the carb throat whilst revving, to suck it through.
    If that doesn't work you may need to strip and blow through carb.
    If your cars been sat a while you could also have duff fuel as it goes off in less than a year these days.

Well done on MOT

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

A BMW X3 driver just added to the Nova jobs I need to do!

Follow my Lazarus project at: http://www.micksrednova.co.uk/index.html
    which may take more than four days!!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Well done Keith - yes, I agree with Mick, you've got crud in your carbs, it seems to be quite common with the Alfa engine. Sometimes an "Italian Tune-Up" can help (full-throttle blast down the motorway), it has done for me on occasion. Otherwise get the top off the carbs and blow through the jets. It takes very little to block the slow running jet holes as they are so small.

But don't forget to check that any vacuum take-offs (brake servo etc.) are plugged properly. Air leaks can cause slow running problems as well. Carburettor base gaskets have also blamed for poor idle in the past.

It was probably to be expected after some time off the road - Alfa engines need love more than other cars. But with a fresh MoT you can finally put some miles on the clock

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!