Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never ending (Nova) story!

Never ending (Nova) story!

Hello,

I'm not too sure if any one on here will remember me but I have had my nova 15 year and 2 month tomorrow!

I still however have never driven this car even though it came very close at one point personal circumstances changed an the car got neglected.

Any way without going on a very long and painful trip down memory lane I thought it was time I popped back up on here and gave you an update.

Right back last year I bought a house with an over sized double garage, its the first time I've had a garage properly for many years. Then at the beginning of December I got engaged with the intention of getting married this coming October.

This is where the story re ignites, I have made the decision I want to drive my NOVA to my wedding!!! So I finally remembered where I last abandoned the unloved nova and dragged it home, it remained in mu garage untouched for another month until this Christmas holiday.

So the story is not too good which was once a nearly complete running car is in a sorry state, the main problem so far are engines seized and carpets mouldy.

any way I've wrote enough for now so I'll leave you with a picture.

nova.jpg

Hi Keith and welcome back! I'd got it in my head that you'd sold your car, so great that you've still got it and it might see the light of day afore too long!
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

I did try to sell it and at times been tempted to brake it but I still love the old girl really. plus I think I deserve to drive it at least once ;-)

I've removed the engine which with a MK4 bumper blended in was fun! and stripped it down to find something not too good looking in cylinder 1!!

head issues.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Hi Keith,

Good to see you back and I look forward to seeing your car on the road after all your ups and downs. The engine does look a little sick.

Dirk

Thanks Dirk.
    Yes the engine has seen better days hoping it's superficial and can be sorted soon

Welcome back Keith.
    I need to ask an important question. Is the wedding date dependant on when the Nova is ready or has the date been set and you're now 'on a mission' to get the Nova ready by then??
    Also, does the intended like camping in a field talking cars, or will you be at Stoneleigh alone?

Best of luck

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

The date is set for October this year, unlike last time when I was adamant to finish the nova before it hit the road, this time I intend to do the bare minimum to get through an MOT then improve on t from there with what money and time I have.

The cars paintwork is in a poor state having blisters all over, unfortunately the body shop I entrusted with the car went bust part way through so the car never got finished and I realise now a rush job was done so they could get as much money in before they closed. Fortunately I only paid part of the bill so not the end of the world.

I have chosen a best man with engineering skills, he does not actually know as I write this but his main job apart from the menial wedding chores is to ensure the car is done!!

As for Stoneleigh if I can make it I will, my partner would be up for camping but shhh dont tell her I need an escape ;-)

Well thought I would post a quick update. Engine is nearly rebuilt and painted (again!!)

struggling to sort out timing belts, keep getting sent wrong ones! Found timing on distributor timing to be quiet far out so would explain a few of the problems i had years ago trying to get the beast to run.

Next carbs and ancillaries to sort.

I can happily report that the best man has been cracking the whip!

hopefully going to get engine back in the car this week.

Keith

nova engine.jpg

Good progress Keith!

What's the gut feeling between you and the best man, will the Nova be ready for wedding duty?
    Never be afraid to stand out from the crowd!

Wedding is October, Hope is to have it for an MOT in next few month then run it for a bit to "shake Down"

It will need some re trimming inside and defiantly need re painting but them items are on the list for after the MOT

keith