Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Never ending (Nova) story!

Quote Originally Posted by kdnova View Post
    In another interesting twist ive been made redundant at work, I am sure this car is a bad omen!!
    Damn bad news. Was it expected in your company or out of the blue?

Best of luck with finding an alternative.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

In another interesting twist ive been made redundant at work, I am sure this car is a bad omen!!
    Oh sorry to hear that, but look on the bright side, you will have loads of free time to finish the Nova!

Ouch. Good luck job hunting.

My government department is shifting my job to different department. We've been in the dark about most of it. They say they told us in an email 2012, but it was very well buried. We really were only notified in October (at the time I was driving on the way home from our annual meet). Some of the info we've been told, the transfer happens the 15th of this month. Other info says we have 2 years. Part of the confusion is they're breaking the shift up by the different sectors across the state, and the sector I'm in will be the last to move. But before then, we'll be run by one government department, but still working out of the department we're currently in and in the current uniform. And there's a strong possibility they'll sell it off in a few years anyway. Been thinking I might start looking around for a job now and be done with it. The service has become toxic as far as I'm concerned.

Due any redundancy?

Hope you find something else quickly though
    Never be afraid to stand out from the crowd!

First of all welcome back to the Nova forum.

Your Nova isn't a bad omen its just life getting in the way of having fun.

Sorry to hear about the work side of things & hope you get sorted soon.

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

When you have the money you have no time and when you have time you don't have the money.
    Hope you have a short visit to the dark side and get a job soon.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Thank you for the positive words, it was due to redundancy and very un expected. I am sure another job will turn up soon, fortunately I have a couple of boring cars I can sell to fund my time off, already sold my mx5 so next is a freelander then my Tr1ke.

I am more determine than ever now to get the NOVA done. We have made a decision not to cancel our wedding etc so the nova HAS to be done at the latest October this year. Fortunately I have already spent far too much on the car so it more requires time than money.

Any way back yo updates... here is the engine as it is at the min with timing belts!!!
    20160205_194613.jpg

I'm not far off putting the engine back in the car, hopefully I will get a bit more garage time this weekend.

Are you going to be putting the timing belt covers back on? better safe than sorry with any road debris interfering with those belts

So this happened today

https://youtu.be/5t4LQ7vZpe0

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Are you going to be putting the timing belt covers back on? better safe than sorry with any road debris interfering with those belts
    I dont actually have any covers for the belts

keith