Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hydra Products Pumps - Possible multi-buy

Hydra Products Pumps - Possible multi-buy

All
    Patrick kindly give me the details for the HydraProducts pump that he recently purchased. I intend to contact the company to see if we can get a club or multi-buy discount. If you are likely to need a pump for your build or to replace your noisey Smiths pump then post your interest here.
    No commitment required yet until I find the price breaks from the company.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Mick, Yes I have plans for a new pump for my other Nova, so this is timely.

I actually still have my old working smiths pump as back-up but prefer the quieter (well they are not that quiet as they do "whine" a bit, especially with flow restricters) pump.

Its worth noting a couple of points for anyone interested. That whilst the Hydra pump does hold the pressure its not like the smiths one. On my smiths I could leave the canopy open for a week in the garage and zero movement. If I leave the canopy open overnight with the Hydra pump by the morning its come down about 1/4 of the way so its doesn't have the same holding power. If doing a group buy it may be worth talking to them on this point and seeing if they have a solution that could be applied to all purchases.

I have discussed our requirements with HydraProducts and they can supp!y pumps in multiples for a reduced price.

If I can identify 5 (or more) owners who want a new HydrProducts roof pump we can get them for £180 plus VAT (Total £216) each and collect the batch from the factory in Gloucester within a couple of weeks of order/payment for a further saving by avoiding the standard £20 delivery charge.

I am happy to coordinate this so if you can commit to £216 then PM me or post a reply here. Getting a pump from me to you may require additional cost.
    The pump is: HPR-15-04-H-PRNS-B05 .Which is 12volt reversible 500watt set to 200bar.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    I have discussed our requirements with HydraProducts and they can supp!y pumps in multiples for a reduced price.

If I can identify 5 (or more) owners who want a new HydrProducts roof pump we can get them for £180 plus VAT (Total £216) each and collect the batch from the factory in Gloucester within a couple of weeks of order/payment for a further saving by avoiding the standard £20 delivery charge.

I am happy to coordinate this so if you can commit to £216 then PM me or post a reply here. Getting a pump from me to you may require additional cost.
    The pump is: HPR-15-04-H-PRNS-B05 .Which is 12volt reversible 500watt set to 200bar.

Mick
    Did you talk to them about the valves to hold the pressure as per my earlier post?

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Did you talk to them about the valves to hold the pressure as per my earlier post?
    David
    I asked the question. The response is below.

-------------------------------------
    Good Morning Mr Poat,

The HPR Pack does indeed come complete with Pilot Operated Check Valves.

This ensures load holding.

The cylinder must be hydraulically actuated in order to move it.

With the pack off the cylinder will not move.

We have supplied a good number of these packs to Nova users and it works with no problems at all.

The PO Checks that hold the cylinder in place is not electrically activated.

These are essentially ball bearings that sit into a sit and will no allow oil to pass until the opposite line is pressurised lifting the ball and allowing oil to pass.

I hope this makes sense.

_--------_------------_------------

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    David
    I asked the question. The response is below.

-------------------------------------
    Good Morning Mr Poat,

The HPR Pack does indeed come complete with Pilot Operated Check Valves.

This ensures load holding.

The cylinder must be hydraulically actuated in order to move it.

With the pack off the cylinder will not move.

We have supplied a good number of these packs to Nova users and it works with no problems at all.

The PO Checks that hold the cylinder in place is not electrically activated.

These are essentially ball bearings that sit into a sit and will no allow oil to pass until the opposite line is pressurised lifting the ball and allowing oil to pass.

I hope this makes sense.

_--------_------------_------------

Mick
    Well I can state that their Pilot Operated Check Valves are no where near as good as the Smiths one which never let anything through no matter how long.

Having said that the bypassing of the valves is quite slow so not a big deal, although it would have been nice to have it stay closed especially when the canopy is clamped down.

Count me in for one anyway as there are not too many proven alternatives out there

In addition to the pump we have arranged with Hydraproducts to supply a 'flow restrictor' valve free of charge (thanks Ray) with each one to stop 'roof judder' on the way down.

Does anyone else want one before I place an order?

So far my customers are:

Me (Micksrednova)
    Dave (Islandman)
    Ray who wants more than 1

I need payment up front as it's cash with order. PM me for my BACS details.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

5 pumps on order with delivery scheduled for a couple of weeks.

Thanks all.

FYI. I was searching through the forum for pictures of pump installs and found a post by DJ Harry in a thread from 2007 where the pump price is higher than what we just paid - so result

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

Heyyyy....

Guys
    Did anyone eventually go ahead with these wee pumps? any feedback ??
    im thinking of just using Linear Actuators with a remote control...like these....Thoughts please ;o) (Not this actual 1 as I will need more lifting hight)

s-l1600 (2).jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6000N-400....c100010.m2109

Cheers

Dave

Dave, I have one of these pumps and they work just fine and reasonably quiet