Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hydra Products Pumps - Possible multi-buy

Cheers 😉

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I also had the Hydra pump, which replaced a Smiths pump it was much better. I think going electric is a nice idea no mess or hydraulic pipes. the only issue for me is the speed they are soooo much slower.

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I also had the Hydra pump, which replaced a Smiths pump it was much better. I think going electric is a nice idea no mess or hydraulic pipes. the only issue for me is the speed they are soooo much slower.
    That does depend a lot on the capacity of the hydraulic cylinders - my canopy cycle time is glacial. In fact, a passer-by once commented that my car wouldn't be much use as a getaway car. Apart from it only having two seats and nowhere to store the booty, obviously
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post

Dirk
    Hello mate,
    I have the Linak LA30 Actuators on my car, the speed of operation is decent, probably faster than the Smiths 'noisemaker' pump on my first car. So I'm guessing the car you saw wasn't running LA30's(?)

Prior to purchase I did some research to establish what other choices of actuator were out there, I came to the conclusion that the LA30 is the only actuator that is small enough, powerful enough and fast enough to lift the Canopy.

The downsides are the price (thick end of GPB 1k - if memory serves) and the alternative mount arrangements: The bottom bracket of the actuator (which you'll need to create) goes on the floor of the hinge recess, and you'l likely need to move the spigot on the hinge arm to get it working 100%. YMMV