Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ecu

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

Ecu

Quick question for those that have fitted ECU,s to their cars due to the engine which has been fitted. Probably talking to the Subaru people here.
    Does it need to be earthed?

Buffy

Don't worry
    It made no difference !!!!

The unit it self need not be earthed but you will find that there is a bunch of wires that must be earthed.

The ecu's ground the solenoids used for various jobs (Injectors, Idle valves ERG valve etc) rather than supplying power to them.

There is also a keep alive positive.

Mr Walker (cant remember his first name) wrote a very interesting book on fuel injection, well worth a read. He developed & sells the Emerald ECU (Lots of Subaru maps)

Look him up here http://www.emeraldm3d.com/

I found it very very useful in understanding what I needed with the Mazda V6 install in the Eureka.

Cheers

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Hi bushboy
    Thanks for your input. I am getting frustrated with this one. New tank is now in so ready to go, but no go!!
    OK, when I got the Alfa 16v it came with a loom, but there are no earths within the engine loom.
    It has a bosch motronic system which has two relays, one for the fuel pump, one for the motronic.these I have replaced with new ones .
    Ignition on, I get the fuel pump going, but from what I have read this should shut down after a few seconds as the ECU knows that it is in a primed condition. My pump just keeps going, and as a result you end up with no spark and no fuel at the injectors. This is why I thought of an earthing fault.
    I think its time to work out how to use a multi meter.
    I am so so close .....
    Buffy

Spacenut
    Any ideas from the Alfa side.
    Fuel pump always going when ignition is switched on . no spark or fuel from injectors as plugs are bone dry.
    Buffy

What engine is this?
    Do you have the wiring diagram for the ECU connector, often known as a 'pinout'?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by steve_d View Post
    What engine is this?
    Do you have the wiring diagram for the ECU connector, often known as a 'pinout'?

Steve
    Engine is out of an Alfa 33
    Its a 1.7 16v fuel injection which is the motronic version.
    No wiring diagram yet .

Google, "motronic alfa 33", lots of wiring diagrams
    Last edited by Peter; 25-01-2016 at 03:53 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Google, "motronic alfa 33", lots of wiring diagrams
    Thanks Peter, found a good diagram and from this may have something positive to report !!!

Knit one, pearl one, drop one, best of luck. Schematics can be a nightmare to follow but a lot better that guessing..

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl