Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel Tank Mounting

They all beat cutting a huge hole in the rear bulkhead to fit a vertical one. I now have to fit new hoses too.
    DSC01411.jpg
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Phill
    I searched through my picture library and I found this pic of my tank installation. I don't recall it requiring any "deep thought" and think it just dropped into the pre-cut hole. As I said previously I bolted a 1.5" strip of metal along either side to clamp it down. I decided to fit a 'splash shield' made of thin ply under the tank and filled the gap with fireproof squirty foam (pink stuff), which is what the shiny strip in the pic is holding.

Mick
    Club Nova Member

MicksRedNova2 may take longer than the original!!

The tank in NOT MINE was held in place, rather poorly & at an angle that meant you could not fill the tank fully. The tank was too narrow to bridge the hole it was suppose to fit into as I believe the body had suffered an attack from Mr hack saw.. I had to make a separate metal frame that the tank sat in & this was then bolted to what was left of the fibreglass mounting plinth.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"