Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My car "The Nova ICE"

Red face My car "The Nova ICE"

I was able to get round today to do a bit work and take some pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JONESY25; 22-05-2016 at 09:50 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Got neck ache looking at the last one .......
    Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by JONESY25 View Post
    I was able to get round today to do a bit work and take some pictures
    More pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice

What's the material covering the dash? Mine is a Mk4 also and will be looking at restoring my dash soon. So many on the forum talk about glare from the sun, do you know how that one is? Just wondering whether the Mk4 dash is better suited for less glare....

Buffy

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Very nice

What's the material covering the dash? Mine is a Mk4 also and will be looking at restoring my dash soon. So many on the forum talk about glare from the sun, do you know how that one is? Just wondering whether the Mk4 dash is better suited for less glare....

Buffy

It's black vinyl I believe. I haven't had it out on road yet so couldn't tell you. It has a dull Matt finish to it like most modern cars so should be much glare.

Quote Originally Posted by JONESY25 View Post
    It's black vinyl I believe. I haven't had it out on road yet so couldn't tell you. It has a dull Matt finish to it like most modern cars so should be much glare.
    If its vinyl Even MATT will get a reflection

I have noticed a clean screen inside and outside cuts the glare to acceptable levels.
    There is less to reflect when no dirt present.
    BUT it could just be a figment of my lack of testing due to the big thing in the sky not shining on my car very much.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Still looking good after all these years. This is one of the last of the Sam Cobley cars, I can't remember what the serial number is but it is perilously close to #18, the youngest Nova ever! I always liked the blue tinted side glass - not your first choice for anti-glare, seeing as it is closer to the UV end of the spectrum, but I have noticed some Soviet era bone domes use the same tint on the visor so there must be something in it...

Speaking of UV, I think you will need to replace the headlamp covers as they have yellowed badly. Headlight intensity (and height) is always a problem on the Nova because of the steeply raked lamp covers. Or you could leave them off for the MoT...

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Still looking good after all these years. This is one of the last of the Sam Cobley cars, I can't remember what the serial number is but it is perilously close to #18, the youngest Nova ever! I always liked the blue tinted side glass - not your first choice for anti-glare, seeing as it is closer to the UV end of the spectrum, but I have noticed some Soviet era bone domes use the same tint on the visor so there must be something in it...

Speaking of UV, I think you will need to replace the headlamp covers as they have yellowed badly. Headlight intensity (and height) is always a problem on the Nova because of the steeply raked lamp covers. Or you could leave them off for the MoT...

Lauren
    I was removing the covers to stencil out new ones when I took these lol. I've chickened out on cutting them until weekend. I don't want to rush and crack them.

What's the serial number as mine is a Mk4 #15 ? Were are cars separated at birth ?
    I can feel a "Cilla" moment at Stones !!!!