Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: My car "The Nova ICE"

Quote Originally Posted by JONESY25 View Post
    Found issue to oil burning, pitted cylinders. Ive started rebilding the engine and tin ware has seen better days.

My question is black or chrome for replacement?
    Ryan
    I had chrome on mine, which on a Nova is mostly hidden so a bit of a waste I think. My doghouse was painted colour coded which looked OK. I always had trouble trying to get the chrome rocker covers to seal and went back to original black ones.

BTW - My complete turnkey 1600 engine with chrome, Webber carb, Petronix ignition, uprated cam, electric fuel pump, alternator etc needs a new home if you're interested.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    Ryan
    I had chrome on mine, which on a Nova is mostly hidden so a bit of a waste I think. My doghouse was painted colour coded which looked OK. I always had trouble trying to get the chrome rocker covers to seal and went back to original black ones.

BTW - My complete turnkey 1600 engine with chrome, Webber carb, Petronix ignition, uprated cam, electric fuel pump, alternator etc needs a new home if you're interested.

Mick
    Thanks Mick. Agree you cant really see much. Black it is.

Thanks for the offer I wish i had somewhere to store it. It would certainly make it easier getting the ICE driving again.
    Mine has twin port heads and duel webber carbs as it is, and my cylinder kit arrived today. Should be running this sunday if i get left alone.
    Cheers

Ryan

So after finally replacing the cylinders and pistons. I the day before my MoT. Try to run up and tune the engine. Car started on on 2nd crank and ticked over for ten minutes. Then stalled and wouldn't start again. Fuel gauge ready 1/4 tank and fuel filter bowl full. Turn engine over wouldn't go. After lots of investigation found empty fuel tank today and rusty float switch as well as rusty gloop at the bottom of the tank.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers

Ryan

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hi Ryan - that doesn't sound too good. I guess you will have to re-schedule the MoT?

Because the fuel take-off is right in the bottom of the tank it sounds like the rusty gloop has clogged up your fuel lines, at least as far as the pump filter. Needs a good flushing out, or tank replacement, if the rust is too extensive. Good luck.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Hi Lauren,
    It doesn't look like too much of the tank is affected just the lowest part of the tank which is a small surface area. Going to clean it out today and put my endoscope in to check further. Hopefully some tank sealer will be enough.
    Cheers

Ryan

I'm still here and car still on the road

Hi guys, not been on here for while as busy with family life and moving, also not been able to log in for while but Dan has sorted that out. Another year of driving this year with Nova passing mot with no advisories again.
    Have spent past few months making car more reliable so I can take it on longer journeys and drive it more. Here are photos of last year's kent kit car and custom show and new hinges (from a triumph) I just fitted to the rear louvre giving easier access to engine bay.
    Cheers

Ryan

It's looking good - and pleased to hear the MOT went through without any advisories
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Good to hear man, well done

Finally getting round to re-routing the tail pipes on my exhaust. One down....
    Cheers

Ryan

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Very nice rear-end on the car, the rear panel with the cut-outs give a production car feel.
    I'd be interested to what car the lights are off?
    Keep the updated coming.