Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My car "The Nova ICE"

Quote Originally Posted by JONESY25 View Post
    More pictures
    I notice that you have a different Reg Number, I assume Kevin kept the ODX 115 number when he sold the car to Keith. I must update the database

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    I notice that you have a different Reg Number, I assume Kevin kept the ODX 115 number when he sold the car to Keith. I must update the database

Mick
    Yes it has the original plate from the doner car back on it. ODX 115 went on it for few years then came back off. It has had another owner in between Kevin and Keith. It was in Essex when me and Keith went to get it in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    What's the serial number as mine is a Mk4 #15 ? Were are cars separated at birth ?
    I can feel a "Cilla" moment at Stones !!!!
    No Its #17 used to be on ODX 115 reg.

Nice looking Nova JONESY25 looks like your well on your way to a summer of Nova driving

Cheers.
    Mostin
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    No Its #17 used to be on ODX 115 reg.
    As far as I know Sam made 18 shells, if that is correct then this is the last but one.
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Well after a lot of digging I found the spoiler and the back louvre. Although the louvre has the middle cut out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers

Ryan

Well after a lot of digging I found the spoiler and the back louvre. Although the louvre has the middle cut out.
    I wonder WHY? As I remember it, Kevin had an unusually rigid and straight set of louvres that other owners envied! at least it looks like you have th parts to glass back in!
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    I wonder WHY? As I remember it, Kevin had an unusually rigid and straight set of louvres that other owners envied! at least it looks like you have th parts to glass back in!
    Couldn't see out the back!? I would have just taken them off. Yes it seem to have corrugated strip glassed to the underside. I'm going to use some galv strapping to re-attach to try keep the ridgity when I repair it.
    Cheers

Ryan

Louvers starting to take shape again. A lot of filling to do as bits missing. 20160603_160157.jpg
    Cheers

Ryan

Good to see your not sitting on your hands. I find the best surface filler to be topcoat. Basically gel coat with about 2% wax added to ensure it all goes hard & doesn't leave the surface tacky. If you need to layer it then wipe with acetone first to remove the thin layer of wax first to ensure a good bond. Then just sand as normal. The only draw back is that it is thin & doesn't do vertical surfaces of any depth well.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"