Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My car "The Nova ICE"

Lens covers

Ive started to stencil out my lens covers and have noticed the old ones the near side is wider than the off side one. Is this right. I'm going to measure up the recess later to check them. Wondered if anyone else has this issue?
    Cheers

Ryan

There is very little about this car that is symmetrical, its was hand designed and built in the days before CAD Design. So yes differences are to be expected everywhere. For example one of the recesses for the rams is 1 inch deeper than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    There is very little about this car that is symmetrical, its was hand designed and built in the days before CAD Design. So yes differences are to be expected everywhere. For example one of the recesses for the rams is 1 inch deeper than the other.
    The recesses not that far out from each other, it turns out the original lens covers we're poorly measured and cut.
    Cheers

Ryan

Wing mirrors

Turned my attention to the wing mirrors mounted on mdf spacers last week. Turned out pretty good and the mirrors are parallel now instead of pointing up. Fitting them tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers

Ryan

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Just for info, if you need new lens covers , Plastics4Performance are about to make a set for my car which is also a MK4.
    I have no idea where they differ between the Mk's but they do have stencils to make them.

Buffy

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Just for info, if you need new lens covers , Plastics4Performance are about to make a set for my car which is also a MK4.
    I have no idea where they differ between the Mk's but they do have stencils to make them.

Buffy
    Thanks, I have already made my replacements. I stenciled the recess and overlaid the outline on to new acrylic perspex. I left them slightly wider by few mm so I could rub the edges down till they fit snug. Fitting them this afternoon 😊
    Cheers

Ryan

Nova Ice MOT

Took the old girl for MOT this afternoon and through and passed with no advisory😄. One carb is playing up so and the throttle pedal is sticking so won't be driving to castle combe in it tomorrow😞. Clio it is.
    Cheers

Ryan

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JONESY25 View Post
    Turned my attention to the wing mirrors mounted on mdf spacers last week. Turned out pretty good and the mirrors are parallel now instead of pointing up. Fitting them tomorrow.
    Very professional; should look great on the car,
    but I can't work out what I am looking at, what part is the MDF?

Good to hear about the MOT
    Last edited by steve; 24-06-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Good news with the MOT. Well done

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

Well done with the MOT, pity about corsa-ing it to the Castle in stead of Nova-ing

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"