Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Nova owner returning after 8 years in China

Old Nova owner returning after 8 years in China

Hi All,
    After spending 8 years working and living in China, I have now returned back to UK and now living in Oldbury, West Midlands.
    I have owned 2 road worthy Novas and a couple of others, one which was just basically parts and the other which was a space frame chassis, and a body which had never been mated properly.
    First car was Q688 AVO, red Nova which I ran around in for a few years and then passed on, which I believe was sadly broken up later on.
    Second was a yellow Nova with no paperwork which was just basically gutted and incomplete which I sold to someone looking to complete.
    Third was a space frame chassis with Ford engine and blue body which had never been mated to the chassis. Unfortunately, at the time I was too busy to get this completed, so was sold on to someone who I believe got it on the road.
    Fourth was PGR 304J, black Nova, which I had when I had decided to move to China, was planning on keeping it but in the end as I was intending to stay in China decided to reluctantly sell. Regretted selling it at the time and ever since, and now i am back in UK, wished I had definitely kept it.
    I am on the lookout for a new Nova as I am now itching to get my hands on a new project. Being now semi retired, I now have the time to do a Nova some justice.
    All the best,
    Alan
    P.S. If the owner of PGR 304J wants to sell I would be very interested
    Last edited by Supanovakit; 25-05-2016 at 10:40 PM.

Welcome back, I hope u¡you find things much as you left them, friendly and helpful.

You can now buy a NEW Nova from Poly Creations in Belgium once you have sourced a suitable donor of course or made a custom chassis but that would of course attract the dreaded SVA. test.

All the best with being a Nova nut again.

Peter
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Welcome back, I hope u¡you find things much as you left them, friendly and helpful.

You can now buy a NEW Nova from Poly Creations in Belgium once you have sourced a suitable donor of course or made a custom chassis but that would of course attract the dreaded SVA. test.

All the best with being a Nova nut again.

Peter
    I didn't realise you could buy a new Nova, is it able to pass SVA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Supanovakit View Post
    I didn't realise you could buy a new Nova, is it able to pass SVA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No more than an old one.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

Welcome back. They are going to have to start passing, now that new and interesting chassis are becoming available... Richar Oakes (still firmly in the kit car business) didn't think it would need a whole lot of tweaking to become IVA compliant, once the headlight height problem was overcome. The developer at Stones who'd basically stuck a jet fighter cockpit on wheels had found the testers had no problem with the concept of a canopy.
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Welcome back, and it sounds like you're as passionate about the Nova as the rest of us here. I hope you get yourself a car to work on. There are a few abandoned projects about but complete roadworthy cars are hard to come by
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Hello Alan.

Welcome back to the UK & the Nova forum.

Hope you find a project to get stuck into soon.

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    Welcome back. They are going to have to start passing, now that new and interesting chassis are becoming available... Richar Oakes (still firmly in the kit car business) didn't think it would need a whole lot of tweaking to become IVA compliant, once the headlight height problem was overcome. The developer at Stones who'd basically stuck a jet fighter cockpit on wheels had found the testers had no problem with the concept of a canopy.
    I think it's about time there was a basic definitive test pass info sheet, what will pass and what needs 'tweaking' to pass on a OEM Nova, rather than having to plough through the SVA manual and interpreting it to a Nova each time.
    For instance, if the headlights need to be X" higher to comply or mirrors need to be X" long to see past the rear wing, etc, etc.
    We on 'the dark side' know that on the RV jeep the gap between bumper and wing has to be filled in and slight alterations to indicators etc is all that is needed. As far as the SS goes, the front chin spoiler has to have a trim 'edge' to cover the sharp edge. The door latches 'should' be double click. The side windows have to be left off to comply with section 14, "mirrors must be adjustable from the drivers seat ", (same would apply to the Nova).

Anyone care to plough through the manual and apply it to our cars?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk

Hi Alan ...China to Oldbury is a bit of a culture shock i bet ! i know i have worked there for the last 12 years ! (Oldbury that is . not China ) i hope you find a car soon ....How big a job are you prepared to take on ?

Hi Suicidesam,
    Yeah it is a bit of a shock, but we are settling in fine.
    Ideally I would like something that is running with not much mechanical work required, but I am looking to do a full re-trim to put my own mark on it.
    Regards,
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesam View Post
    Hi Alan ...China to Oldbury is a bit of a culture shock i bet ! i know i have worked there for the last 12 years ! (Oldbury that is . not China ) i hope you find a car soon ....How big a job are you prepared to take on ?