Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Nova wanted- absolutely anything considered!

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I love the Moon GT, 5K plus donor and trim, and shipping is a bit high though.
    Peter

    How much was shipping? I assume this will need checked over with the DVLA ??

    cheers

    Dave

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgowgolfer View Post
    Peter

    How much was shipping? I assume this will need checked over with the DVLA ??

    cheers

    Dave
    As the man in the Rolls Royce showroom was told, "If you need to know the price sir, you can't afford it".

    A 'privet' half container (20') would be around 800. or a share of one is pro-rota but take care on co-shippers to avoid in transit damage. We just took delivery of 5 buggys in crates and 200K of parts for 600 from China on a part load.

    You would need a 'donor' with V5 of course and providing you keep the chassis etc 'standard' it goes through without a SVA.

    Add about 500 >1,000 for seats, trim, wheels, tyres ,etc.

    Advantage is with a new 'clean' build and proper prep on the chassis while you are waiting for the body it would be a quick build and look awesome when built and the only one in the UK. I have the space, tools, skills and time, I only wish I had the money, I would be at it like a shot!



    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by KEITHCANFIXIT View Post
    Sorry but now we are out I was going down to Dover to brick up that gapping hole under the channel which is letting so much cold air amongst other things through
    Not 'OUT' yet, be at least two years, more like 7, if it ever happens. The referendum is only 'advisory' and expresses the 'wishes of the people', it's not legally binding and nearly all politicians are of the STAY camp.



    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    As the man in the Rolls Royce showroom was told, "If you need to know the price sir, you can't afford it".

    A 'privet' half container (20') would be around 800. or a share of one is pro-rota but take care on co-shippers to avoid in transit damage. We just took delivery of 5 buggys in crates and 200K of parts for 600 from China on a part load.

    You would need a 'donor' with V5 of course and providing you keep the chassis etc 'standard' it goes through without a SVA.

    Add about 500 >1,000 for seats, trim, wheels, tyres ,etc.

    Advantage is with a new 'clean' build and proper prep on the chassis while you are waiting for the body it would be a quick build and look awesome when built and the only one in the UK. I have the space, tools, skills and time, I only wish I had the money, I would be at it like a shot!
    Ha, bit of a catch22...I have the Money but don't have the Space,Tools,Skills & Time ....I have emailed them to get more info, (sounds like you have too)
    thanks for the info.

  5. #15
    The Moon Ace GT guys (Mr Lim) is very slow on email responses, but he does respond eventually I got my headlight pods from him for my second Nova, delivered to Singapore and then in my luggage to London.

  6. #16
    I contacted David at Poly-creation, and he rapidly returned to me with prices for tub, bonnet, side-skirts etc. As others have noted in other threads, the price list is marked 'confidential' (and so I should respect that and not divulge prices here), but they do appear pretty competitive when compared to the pricing of the same parts from Sterling Sportscars- and a lot less costly to ship I guess (or even risk going overseas to..... 'Europe'- gasp!!! '- with a large van....).
    Although I'm tempted, I'm even more keen to come by a total restoration job- there is something appealing about rescuing something of beauty back from the brink and, through blood, sweat and lots of tears (and money, and marriages, and sanity, and...), restoring it to glory (sorry, I've come over all lyrical at the prospect)!

  7. #17
    As long as you don't have glasgowgolfer's problem, (common) "I have the Money but don't have the Space,Tools,Skills & Time"



    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Near Eastbourne
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    As long as you don't have glasgowgolfer's problem, (common) "I have the Money but don't have the Space,Tools,Skills & Time"
    For me its the lack of money and space that's working against me right now
    I'll hold on to my dream and WILL eventually own a Nova... just not in the immediate future.

  9. #19
    Nope. I definitely have space, patience (needed in abundance I suspect...), tools, and a reasonably sympathetic (read 'resigned to fate') better half. Time can be at a premium, depending upon what the day job throws up, but I'm sufficiently long in the tooth to know that what you get out reflects what you put in, and I'm pretty determined!

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a new member and desperate to own my first Nova!

    I have been wanting one for longer than I can remember and a house move has given me enough space to, at last, start to make my dream a reality.
    I have been following the forum discussions for some time and realise that they do not come up for sale very often, but I'm remaining hopeful and determined!
    I will take on absolutely anything (I'm fairly good with spanners etc), and bare bones tub and chassis (with/without engine) is fine- anything more complete would be an absolute bonus!
    Mine is up in classifieds now 😊

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •