Thread: IDF duel twin webers

IDF duel twin webers

Hi guys, is anyone running these webers that can help advice me on tuning. I have the car running and starting ok, and it gets along the road fine once I'm off. There is however some hesitation lifting off and when changing gear then the engine picks up. Carbs have been rebuilt, no leaks, floats checked and new ht leads. I've got it ticking over at about 900rpm and it sounds fine and is smooth on acceleration at the engine bay. But plugs a are rich in colour. I'm running on 009 dizzy with points. Has anyone got there air bypass screws in use and would this help.

Although my DellOrto DRLAs are similar it's all I have to go on.
    Is hesitant on take off, like flat or slow response to clogging the gas pedal?
    That sounds like accelerator pump settings.
    Running rich could be float height or over jetted, air screws need fine tuning with a carb' balancer, either a ball or tube type will do.

This is quite easy to follow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol9TzrdBQTg

Also EZGZ is easy to follow and he does IDE and DRLA kinda like easy laid back Zzzzz
    Last edited by Peter; 05-07-2016 at 04:18 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Although my DellOrto DRLAs are similar it's all I have to go on.
    Is hesitant on take off, like flat or slow response to clogging the gas pedal?
    That sounds like accelerator pump settings.
    Running rich could be float height or over jetted, air screws need fine tuning with a carb' balancer, either a ball or tube type will do.

This is quite easy to follow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol9TzrdBQTg

Also EZGZ is easy to follow and he does IDE and DRLA kinda like easy laid back Zzzzz
    Thanks Peter.
    Yes it is a flat spot I until rpm gets to around 1100. Its been a few years since I last drive a carb car so did wonder if I'm not giving it enough when I pull off(been driving diesels for past 10 years) Pulling out at juctions is terrifying. I have changed the acc pump seals but left settings as car ran fine 4 years ago. Float heights are fine. I have snail gauge so will open up the air bypass screws a little to increase volume at low rpm. It have them at 7 at the moment.
    Cheers

Ryan

It's not just carb' cars my heap of crap, AKA Mercedes A170 CDi, has a lethal flat spot when pulling away from tick over, just nothing happens, which can leave one hanging a bit.

Of course Mercedes deny there is a problem, like there isn't a problem with the auto box which has had two rebuilds at a cost to me of 3,000€ so far or the steering pump or the lock-out switch, or the gear position indicator, or the seat lever keeps breaking or the door sill trim coming apart or the seat fabric wearing a hole. or the seat base going out of shape or the drivers seat being too narrow and 20cm too far inboard, the middle brake light cover falling off and needing screws to hold it, #1 injector blew a sealing washer, #3 & 4 are seized in. leak-off connectors leaked and replaced by brass ones. etc, etc.

Currently runs like a cement mixer with a rock in it.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It's not just carb' cars my heap of crap, AKA Mercedes A170 CDi, has a lethal flat spot when pulling away from tick over, just nothing happens, which can leave one hanging a bit.

Of course Mercedes deny there is a problem, like there isn't a problem with the auto box which has had two rebuilds at a cost to me of 3,000€ so far or the steering pump or the lock-out switch, or the gear position indicator, or the seat lever keeps breaking or the door sill trim coming apart or the seat fabric wearing a hole. or the seat base going out of shape or the drivers seat being too narrow and 20cm too far inboard, the middle brake light cover falling off and needing screws to hold it, #1 injector blew a sealing washer, #3 & 4 are seized in. leak-off connectors leaked and replaced by brass ones. etc, etc.

Currently runs like a cement mixer with a rock in it.
    Have you had the throttle plate pot checked or the pedal sensor (I'm assuming it's fly by wire on the pedal). My brothers Ford focus had a flat spot and it was bad map setting on his the ECU. A remap later and it never hesitated again and he gained 35bhp too.
    If it's that bad why do you still have it?
    Cheers

Ryan