Thread: correct fluid for hydraulics

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

correct fluid for hydraulics

This may be a silly question but wanted to ask.
    Is pentosin CHF 11S fluid ok to use for the roof system?
    The reason I ask is this. My sort of daily drive is a convertible with hydraulic roof. A while ago the roof failed, and this was due to the original fluid going waxy in the pipes, preventing the roof from working. The manufacturer changed to using this fluid as it has better qualities. I do not want to have the same issue with the nova.
    So am I ok to use this?
    I have searched the forum is there is no big arrow which points to what everyone uses, so best ask the experts !

Buffy

I used to use hydraulic jack oil you can buy it at halfords I never had a problem with that.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    This may be a silly question but wanted to ask.
    Is pentosin CHF 11S fluid ok to use for the roof system?
    The reason I ask is this. My sort of daily drive is a convertible with hydraulic roof. A while ago the roof failed, and this was due to the original fluid going waxy in the pipes, preventing the roof from working. The manufacturer changed to using this fluid as it has better qualities. I do not want to have the same issue with the nova.
    So am I ok to use this?
    I have searched the forum is there is no big arrow which points to what everyone uses, so best ask the experts !

Buffy
    The recommended fluid for the new Hydraproducts pumps is Comma LIC10 ISO/VG32. As the Smiths pumps work to the same pressure etc I would say it should be good for that one too.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Last time I topped mine up I used hydraulic fluid for Citroen hydro-pneumatic suspension... Works a treat. Got it from Halfords.

P.

Btw...my phone tried to autocorrect hydro-pneumatic to Judeo-Christian.... Not sure if it's correct.... Thoughts...?
    cheers

Paul

Looks like it is expensive hydraulic oil, it will work the same as non expensive hydraulic oil.

Thanks for your views and thoughts. Auto correct can be so frustrating.........

I ask as my normal runner ( XK8 ) had an issue a few years ago when the roof failed due to the fluid going waxy. So the fluid was changed accordingly.

My Mrs said it was down to the fact I didn't get it up enough....... I hope she meant the roof !

Anyway, thanks for the recommended fluid type Mick for the Hydraproducts. Have a new pump ordered from them which may turn up one day. ( the courier lost it !!) .

Buffy

Buffy,
    Are you getting their 'reversible micro power pack'? Without solenoid valves? Will be interesting to hear how it performs, particularly how well it holds the roof up or down over time.

P.
    cheers

Paul

I am getting one of the pumps which most people got on the multi buy which Mick organised earlier in the year.
    When I spoke to them , mentioned the nova multi buy so am also getting the free valve.
    Mick can tell you how good they are......

Quote Originally Posted by wizrod View Post
    Buffy,
    Are you getting their 'reversible micro power pack'? Without solenoid valves? Will be interesting to hear how it performs, particularly how well it holds the roof up or down over time.

P.
    Paul
    Check out the thread in hydraulic roof area about my recent HyraProducts multibuy for answers to your question about roof hold.

The pump is: HPR-15-04-H-PRNS-B05 .Which is 12volt reversible 500watt set to 200bar.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!